Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards fubar'd

Options
  • 22-02-2018 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭

Boards is at it again

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

We haven't had any down time here, can you clear your cookies and cache to see if that helps? If not, let us know what browser and OS you are using please.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,637 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

We haven't had any down time here, can you clear your cookies and cache to see if that helps? If not, let us know what browser and OS you are using please.

It has seemed particularly quiet on Boards the last 36 hours. Am I imagining this? Could this be something to do with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

We saw Major packet loss from our servers in Digiweb, to Eircom and UPC customers at that time. I suspect Boards was similarly affected.

Nate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

I've been getting the same issue all day on Chrome for Android

• Registered Users Posts: 23,758 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Hi Niamh,

I appear to be experiencing the same issue as Peatys. I've cleared my browser cache and tried a few other things like connecting to mobile data instead of Wi-Fi, but the issue persists. It also seems to be only an issue with the Latest Posts page on the touch site that isn't rendering properly.

I'm also getting the touchapp.touch.boards link not being resolved too. Please see screenshots attached. Browser is Edge on Windows 10 Mobile (shhh, I get enough slagging about it already :pac:).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Boards.ie: Ronan

We had a deploy this morning go slightly awry which probably would have resulted in those errors. It should be all rolled back now.

Ronan

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

• Registered Users Posts: 23,758 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Hi Ronan, Niamh,

Please see screenshots taken just now after I've cleared the browser cache again when I read Ronan's post.

I also captured the touchapp.touch.boards misdirect, and discovered the page rendering issue isn't just confined to Latest Posts.

Cheers for that, investigating now.

Apologies - we found one pesky webnode that didn't like the rollback - but it's been kicked back into line now. Hopefully that sorts the issue once and for all. Please do let us know if you're still seeing errors though.

Ronan

• Advertisement
Advertisement