Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad smelling fog

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

Now we're getting somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

gabeeg wrote: »
    Dude, that makes no sense.

If the government were secretly spraying us with all-sorts, why would they make it smell like crap?

You've yet to truly commit to finding the truth
    The truth is out there dude, you just got to smell it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

bogwalrus wrote:
    I live outside macroom and there is a very bad smelling fog
    ZX7R wrote: »
    I remember asking my wife's late grandmother, what singes would tell her if snow was coming, she said a smell of rotten frog span would be smelled before a heavy snow, she was from eastern Europe

Surely that would be a "smelly frog" and not a "smelly fog"?

bit racist, if taken out of context

but otherwise, yeah. good point

might have been a massive misunderstanding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

Villain wrote: »
    This has happened near me in the past and it was due to a large pig farm, the wind direction along with fog meant the smell was slowly carried and held then.

There is a pig farm somewhere in the area so maybe this was the cause. So basically it was ordinary fog that trapped the smells coming from the pig farm rather than a smog? I assume smog has nothing to do with actual fog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

ZX7R wrote: »
    I remember asking my wife's late grandmother, what singes would tell her if snow was coming, she said a smell of rotten frog span would be smelled before a heavy snow, she was from eastern Europe

I also live near a load of forestry with streams full or frog spawn. There must be acres of frog spawn in my area. It has been snowing a small bit also. I was on a walk in the first the last day though and no smell around at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

bogwalrus wrote: »
    I also live near a load of forestry with streams full or frog spawn. There must be acres of frog spawn in my area. It has been snowing a small bit also. I was on a walk in the first the last day though and no smell around at all.
    Could there be a land fill near by, releasing gas, or a bog a shift in wind air pressure could result in gas's been released

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

bogwalrus wrote: »
    There is a pig farm somewhere in the area so maybe this was the cause. So basically it was ordinary fog that trapped the smells coming from the pig farm rather than a smog? I assume smog has nothing to do with actual fog.

If there is a pig farm in the area I would bet money on it being the cause so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭mikeecho

I stopped at the petrol station in Lissarda today, and YUP.. there definitely is a pong in the air.

• Advertisement
Advertisement