Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is getting a 2.1 possible with the GPA i have going into final semester

• 22-02-2018 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I currently have a GPA of 2.6 going into m final semester.

What kind of grade average would i need to finish with a 2.1 or is it even possible?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Braytonian wrote: »
    I currently have a GPA of 2.6 going into m final semester.

What kind of grade average would i need to finish with a 2.1 or is it even possible?

Thanks

For a 2:1 you need a GPA of 3.08.

The worth of your last semester depends on what course you're doing. I know for arts your last semester will be worth 25% (50:50 split for final two years), and for science it'd be worth 35% (30/70 split for final two years). This is assuming your modules will provide 30 credits in your final semester. In a lot of cases your final semester could be worth more if you're doing a final year project or something like that.

With that in mind in order to go from a 2.6 to a 3.08 you'd need the following in your final semester:
    Arts: 4.52
    Science: 3.97

Assuming you are working for 30 credits this semester, if you're doing arts you can't get a 2:1 (max GPA being 4.2). Still possible if you're doing science, but you'll need to achieve an A average. Your course could be weighted differently than either arts or science, and you might have more than 30 credits to work with this semester, so I'd take the all of what I've said with a grain of salt.

Advertisement