Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is there no one that can help at Eir?

Options
  • 22-02-2018 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

Hello, since last Sept I have been trying to get a phone line and broadband in, I have placed 6 seperate orders, and on every occasion the KN engeineer goes to the wrong address 30 miles away. Then I have to cacel the order and do it all over again.

Everytime I place an order I am assured that they now have my correct address and every single time KN has the wrong address in their data base, however Eir has the correct one. 

I have been on to countless reps on phone, in chat and Eir Thomas on this board, all say they have fixed the problem, but here I am again today, due an install and KN are again at the wrong address. Eir even rang a few days ago to confirm the appointment and had the wrong address, he said he was glad he checked with me and put in the right address, I thought maybe this time it will work, not to be.

Is there any  competent manager In Eir that I can contact to simply get a phone line and broadband?

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Must be the worst customer service department in the country. We had such trouble trying to sort out a cancellation error, on their behalf, recently. Kept being transferred from one phone assistant to the next, until eventually arriving back at the start again.
    No point in us trying to use the assistance on here, because they will tell us they can't do anything because it's registered as a business account.
    I would advise anyone to stay as far away from Eir as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

finbarrk wrote: »
    Must be the worst customer service department in the country. We had such trouble trying to sort out a cancellation error, on their behalf, recently. Kept being transferred from one phone assistant to the next, until eventually arriving back at the start again.
    No point in us trying to use the assistance on here, because they will tell us they can't do anything because it's registered as a business account.
    Unfortunately, it is not possible for me to get you a manager through this channel.

If you are looking to log a complaint I would recommend following the link below 

https://www.eir.ie/complaints/

Thanks

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

finbarrk wrote: »
    Unfortunately, it is not possible for me to get you a manager through this channel.

If you are looking to log a complaint I would recommend following the link below 

https://www.eir.ie/complaints/

Thanks

Thomas
    Numerous reps cant solve my problem, you didnt solve my problem, perhaps one would ask themselves, hmm I didnt solve this problem and cant solve this problem, perhaps I should pass this onto a manager who can fix the potential customers problem.?????

But thats not possible in this channel??? Nonsense

All I want is a phoneline and KN keeps getting the wrong address, doesn't seem like a huge problem to fix if Eir has the right address? Why cant Eir ring KN and say fix the address in your database?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Once you have put in the complaint via the link above get on to comreg about the issue.

This may be some ploy of Eir to reach their installation targets by cooking the books.

If its going to be an expensive install Eir just might be trying to put you off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

You are saying an engineer has gone to the same wrong address 6 times? Does he ring you every time and say I'm standing outside X where are you?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

You are saying an engineer has gone to the same wrong address 6 times? Does he ring you every time and say I'm standing outside X where are you?!
    Exactly, but its a different engineer each time. for what ever reason, my address is correct at Eir, however when Eir tells KN to do the install KN have the wrong address on the order docket, no one from EIR can solve this problem, or more likely every rep couldn't be bothered to dig a little deeper and help, and no chance of getting a manager to look into it, that would be above and beyond customer service here at Eir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

You could try cancelling the original order and then placing a new one?

But when it gets to this sort of state comreg is often a good bet. Comreg have set targets for installation times, but a failed install because of a wrong address may not count as missing the target. Eir also have to do any installation up to a cost iirc of €4k but may not want to. So there are two good reasons for someone at Eir to deliberately mess with the address. 

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭VeeEmmy

keno-daytrader,
    This is in no way any defense of eir or KN, but... do they have your (correct) eircode? I live in a "weird" place, and I'm finding that using my eircode gets deliveries, repairmen, etc directly to my house, no problem.
    Can't say I'd be surprised to learn that, yes, they have the correct eircode....

Good luck. 

Advertisement