Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpaid doctor bills

Options
  • 22-02-2018 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Overindulged a little and was taken to A&E whilst in the states recently. Paid the $1500 hospital bill and since returning home I have received a bill for the doctor examination of $620. The one incident is more than the cost of the holiday. Three questions:
    1. Can they just take it from the credit card details I gave the hospital?
    2. Is it likely to affect entry to the States in the coming years?
    3. As medical insurance & travel insurance won't cover it due to alcohol being consumed is there any way to claim some of it back other than Med 1?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

To answer your middle question it could. Also don’t be surprised to get more bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

if $2000 is all it's going to be, you got off very lightly.... I've seen a few days stay rack up to 60 or 70 grand very quickly!

Advertisement