If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New AV Reciever

Options
  • 22-02-2018 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

Long time customer with yourselves and looking to upgrade my AV reciever.  Currently have a Pioneer VSX920 but looking for something with 4k as i have a PS4pro, and Xbox scorpio connected to it as well as an android box.  

Currently using the opticals for audio and the hdmi going straight into the TV, but would like to be able to just use HDMI.

Looking for something around the €400-€450 price point and if you have any open box stuff then all the better.

Thanks
    Alan

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

Long time customer with yourselves and looking to upgrade my AV reciever.  Currently have a Pioneer VSX920 but looking for something with 4k as i have a PS4pro, and Xbox scorpio connected to it as well as an android box.  

Currently using the opticals for audio and the hdmi going straight into the TV, but would like to be able to just use HDMI.

Looking for something around the €400-€450 price point and if you have any open box stuff then all the better.

Thanks
    Alan
    Hi Alan,

I actually have a couple of open box AV receivers which are as new and would fit the bill perfectly.

The first is the Yamaha RXV683 which I can do for 349 euro (normal retail price 479 euro)

I also have the new Sony STRDN1080 which was this years What Hi Fi award winner for best amp. It usually retails at 549 euro but I can do my open box one for 449 euro and like the Yamaha, it's as new.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Hey David, that’s brilliant, I’ll take the sony1080 and any chance of free delivery too?

Thanks again
    Alan

Hey David, that’s brilliant, I’ll take the sony1080 and any chance of free delivery too?

Thanks again
    Alan
    I'll throw in delivery as a boards special. PM me with your contact number and I'll get that sorted for you.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

PM sent thanks

PM sent thanks
    Will get back to you asap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭dam099

Hey Guys,

Thanks
    Alan
    Hi Alan,

I actually have a couple of open box AV receivers which are as new and would fit the bill perfectly.

The first is the Yamaha RXV683 which I can do for 349 euro (normal retail price 479 euro)

I also have the new Sony STRDN1080 which was this years What Hi Fi award winner for best amp. It usually retails at 549 euro but I can do my open box one for 449 euro and like the Yamaha, it's as new.

Kind regards

David
    Do you just have the one Sony STRDN1080 open box? I would be interested at that price.

dam099 wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

Thanks
    Alan
    Hi Alan,

Kind regards

David
    Do you just have the one Sony STRDN1080 open box? I would be interested at that price.
    Hi Dam099,

Unfortunately i only had the one. I still have the RXV683 available at 349 euro.

Kind regards

David

Hey Guys,

Thanks
    Alan
    Hi Alan,

Kind regards

David
    Hi Dam099,

Unfortunately i only had the one. I still have the RXV683 available at 349 euro.

Kind regards

David
    No thanks, the Sony was tempting but I will stick with my original choice then of a Denon 2400, whats the best boardsie deal for that one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭shinju

I picked up a Sony STRDN1080 last week. Really impressed with it from several perspectives.

Much better quality on my Samsung 4k curved screen than previous Onkyo. Probably to do with the upscaling.

Love the HDMI Out button on the remote. Very simple feature but makes it so easy to switch from HDMI A (my TV) to HDMI B (my projector) or to have both HDMI A+B on at same time.

Simple enough to setup.

The way the menu system is structured is a breeze compared to Onkyo.

The remote has fewer buttons, but that's probably a good thing as it makes it easier to use and since the on-screen structure is decent enough it doesn't need to be cluttered.

Supports Chromecast so you can cast to it.
    Supports Spotify.

Supports Bluetooth in & out. So you cast output to it via Bluetooth (e.g. play music from your phone to receiver via Bluetooth).
    You can also transmit from it via Bluetooth (e.g. to Bluetooth headphones - great for late night watching when the rest of the family is asleep and can't be disturbed).
    There's even a button on the remote for switching between these.

You can also pass HDMI signal when the unit is switched off. So if the cable/sat box is switched on and the TV is switched on you will still get audio & video on the TV without having to switch on the receiver.

The are 2 fewer hdmi inputs than the Onkyo (but this does not affect my current setup).
    The front of the Onkyo is sleeker looking than the Sony.

The Sony is a bit less intuitive in being able to select the sound mode and knowing what the current sound mode is - but perhaps that's just me having to get used to it.

Hey Guys,

Thanks
    Alan
    Hi Alan,

Kind regards

David
    Hi Dam099,

Kind regards

David
    No thanks, the Sony was tempting but I will stick with my original choice then of a Denon 2400, whats the best boardsie deal for that one?
    Hi Dam099,

I have no movement on the AVRX2400 at the moment so the best price I could do would be 429 euro including shipping

Let me know what you think

David

• Advertisement

Hey Guys,

Thanks
    Alan
    Hi Alan,

Kind regards

David
    Hi Dam099,

Kind regards

David
    Hi Dam099,

I have no movement on the AVRX2400 at the moment so the best price I could do would be 429 euro including shipping

David
    OK, ordered it on the the GBP price, even with the small shipping charge I think that will be better than €.

Hey Guys,

Thanks
    Alan
    Hi Alan,

Kind regards

David
    Hi Dam099,

Kind regards

David
    Hi Dam099,

David
    OK, ordered it on the the GBP price, even with the small shipping charge I think that will be better than €.
    No problem, thanks for the order!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.