Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Income calculation for Social Housing

Options
  • 22-02-2018 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi, does anyone know if FIS is taken into account for income calculation for Social Housing in Cork City Council?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Gonad

Lukas1502 wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone know if FIS is taken into account for income calculation for Social Housing in Cork City Council?
    Thanks

It’s not in Dublin 24 as far as I know so I am sure it’s the same in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Thanks

It's based off net income I'm pretty sure fis is included in the calculation

Gatling wrote: »
    It's based off net income I'm pretty sure fis is included in the calculation

Just text my best mate who’s on it an he said his fis is not included in his calculation .
    Just his wages are included as he works part time .

Gonad wrote: »
    Just text my best mate who’s on it an he said his fis is not included in his calculation .

Just going by what on sdcc net income they don't mention any disregards for any social welfare or secondary benefits such as fis

"FIS payments are included in the income levels of people on the housing list"

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Lukas1502

Do You know if your friend is with Cork City or Cork County Council? Some councils are more strict than others and I know for sure that Cork County includes FIS but I don't know about City one.

• Advertisement

Do You know if your friend is with Cork City or Cork County Council? Some councils are more strict than others and I know for sure that Cork County includes FIS but I don't know about City one.

It's across the board they don't relax the rules city or county

Hi sorry for late reply . I was waiting so I could speak with him on phone . He said 100 % south Dublin county council don’t include his fis

Just his wages from his part time job. He said no social welfare payment is calculated .

Hope it is the same in cork for you .

Hi sorry for late reply . I was waiting so I could speak with him on phone . He said 100 % south Dublin county council don’t include his fis

Just his wages from his part time job. He said no social welfare payment is calculated .

Hope it is the same in cork for you .

Welfare payments are calculated for social housing applications .

Your friend is wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭K_P

Your friend is wrong

Wrong. You're incorrect to assume all local authorities take all welfare payments into account. Many local authorities, including South Dublin County Council, disregard FIS: http://www.sdcc.ie/sites/default/files/guidelines/differential-rents-scheme-20091.doc

Cork City Council do include FIS however: http://www.corkcity.ie/services/housingcommunity/differentialrentscheme/DIFFERENTIAL%20RENTS%20SCHEME%202014.pdf

Your friend is wrong

Never understand why people spout off like this when they don’t know the answer 100 % themselves ..

• Advertisement

K_P wrote: »
    Wrong. You're incorrect to assume all local authorities take all welfare payments into account. Many local authorities, including South Dublin County Council, disregard FIS: http://www.sdcc.ie/sites/default/files/guidelines/differential-rents-scheme-20091.doc

Cork City Council do include FIS however: http://www.corkcity.ie/services/housingcommunity/differentialrentscheme/DIFFERENTIAL%20RENTS%20SCHEME%202014.pdf

That's not the housing application that's the actual differential rents documents ,

That's for people in a council house ,not someone applying for social housing

Income from the following sources is assessed in full for rent purposes:

(a) Income from employment, including self-employment.
    (b) All social insurance and social assistance payments, allowances and pensions, health board allowances and FAS training allowances.
    (c) Income from any pensions or other sources not included at (a) or (b) above including approved / agreed maintenance payments from another person.

It's not clear from OP's post if he's asking about income assessment for a housing application or for rent calculation. OP, the answer will differ depending on what you're asking.

It's not clear from OP's post if he's asking about income assessment for a housing application or for rent calculation. OP, the answer will differ depending on what you're asking.

No it won't fis is included there is no mention of in the link you posted .

It says all social allowences are included

Yes it will. If the OP is asking about what income is included for rent calculation, FIS is not assessable. If he’s asking about income for a social housing application, FIS is included. It’s not at all clear from his original post which he’s asking about and the answer WILL differ.

I’m well aware of what the documents I posted are, thanks.

OP, you’ll get a more definite answer f you specify which you’re asking about. And a clearer one again if you ring and ask the local authority directly.

Yes it will. If the OP is asking about what income is included for rent calculation, FIS is not assessable. If he’s asking about income for a social housing application, FIS is included. It’s not at all clear from his original post which he’s asking about and the answer WILL differ.

I’m well aware of what the documents I posted are, thanks.

But there is no mention of fis in the document from 09 Which was posted to back up a claim

Right, I’ve only gone and tied myself up in knots and confused myself arguing this. For Cork, FIS is included for applications and rent assessment.

(But it’s not always included depending on the local authority.)

Advertisement