Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Extremely Cheap Vans for Sale?

Options
  • 22-02-2018 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hello,
    Just wondering does anyone know where can find a very cheap running van. I am thinking of around €125 max. Me and my friend want to get one for storage and one that we can drive short distances in as a field car. I know my budget is very small but my friends have managed to pick up vans for that price but in another county. I don't mind that much damage as long its not dangerous to drive. Any help is welcome, is it possible to get a van for that price around here or should I check out any specific breakers yard?
    Many thanks,
    sligostandard

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭sligoblue

Hello,
    Just wondering does anyone know where can find a very cheap running van. I am thinking of around €125 max. Me and my friend want to get one for storage and one that we can drive short distances in as a field car. I know my budget is very small but my friends have managed to pick up vans for that price but in another county. I don't mind that much damage as long its not dangerous to drive. Any help is welcome, is it possible to get a van for that price around here or should I check out any specific breakers yard?
    Many thanks,
    sligostandard

€125? That's about the price of a new tyre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Simple answer: No.
    Recyclers will pay more than €125 for a van usually

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭bamayang

Of course there is, but youll just have to work hard to find them. Theres always lads selling off an old car or vans from yards or farms for maybe 200€. The only thing is, because they are so cheap, there not going to spend any money advertising them. They'll rely solely on word of mouth. Best bet is get onto anyone you know who works in agricultural circles : farmers/ag contractors/cattle transporters/lads in marts/tractor mechanics.
    These kind of lads will be in an out of different peoples yards, hear about cars going cheap, know of a lad who maybe failed the NCT and cant afford to fix up the few bits...

I cant post links as im new, but I just saw a VW Caddy in cork for €200 with the following: "Vw Caddy still for sale ‘ van is driving but of road a while ‘ no tax no doe €200.
    Im not saying its worth going to cork, but they are out there if you do a bit of work to find them.

Advertisement