Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Pro Wrestling

Options
  • 22-02-2018 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I feel awful for wasting anyone's time with this but it keeps bugging me.

I feel like I have been given an unduly harsh punishment from a mod of pro wrestling.

I'll keep this brief as I know dealing with this is probably a pain.

I saw a thread on the front page of boards about Pro Wrestling and I clicked on it. It was an event in Dublin which interested me as my son likes pro wrestling and thought that would be something I could take him to. Then I read the thread and saw it was over 18s. I was surprised as I geniunely thought wrestling was something kids watched (I've since learned I was wrong on that, mea culpa, hands up on that assumption) so I asked why this was. I engaged in some back in forth about this (all deleted now, but I was very respectful, I'm sure you can see the deleted posts).

Next thing I know I am banned.

I've tried to engage with the mod but he is not interested. Please see PMs below.

I have no interest in Pro Wrestling, I will never post there again, but I don't want to have a permanent ban on my record over something so innocuous.

Again, sorry for taking up your time but it has been bothering me.
    jaykhunter wrote:
    Dear Pintman Paddy Losty,

You have been permanently banned from Pro Wrestling for Trolling.

This means you are posting in an intentionally provocative fashion in order to gain a reaction from other members. This is disruptive and causes stress to other members.
    We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so [URL="http:////www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1397"]here[/URL].

jaykhunter
    I'd like to appeal this ban.

A permanent ban is OTT. I was not trolling. I asked a simple question and was rounded on. All my other posts were responses.

I'm not planning on posting in your forum again but I don't want a permanent ban on my record.
    jaykhunter wrote:
    I was very clear. You are not welcome in PW Boards - a forum filled with grown men "watching a load of half naked men pretending to fight each other".

I consider the matter closed. Further discussion will be dismissed.

For your own benefit I suggest you review and monitor your style of posting, to avoid being banned by more forums.

Just on a sidenote. It took me quite a while to find this forum. I think maybe mods should mention that you can appeal bans.

Thanks,

Paddy

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just on a sidenote. It took me quite a while to find this forum. I think maybe mods should mention that you can appeal bans.
    On this specific point there is a link to the DRP in the standard ban/infraction message (which you quoted above)

I'll ask a Sports CMod to have a look at this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Beasty wrote: »
    On this specific point there is a link to the DRP in the standard ban/infraction message (which you quoted above)

I'll ask a Sports CMod to have a look at this

Well that's embarassing! :o

Thanks Beasty!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Well that's embarassing! :o

Thanks Beasty!
    No probs. I've dropped a line to the Sports CMods, but please bear with us as we're a bit down on resource at present

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Hi Paddy,

I'll be taking a look at this for you today and get back to you later with my decision.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Thanks. No rush Gav.

• Advertisement

I'm going to post all your deleted posts here for a bit of clarity.
    Why is this over 18s??

My young lad watches wrestling and wouldn't mind bringing him. Weird that its over 18. I presumed most people who watch WWE are children??

Jaysus fair enough. Had no idea.

Think its a bit weird for grown men to be watching a load of half naked men pretending to fight each other. Each to their own though. Enjoy.
    No hostility here horse.

As I said, each to their own. Whatever you're in to, not my cup of tea but it takes all sorts to make the world I suppose.
    No issue with it. Just thought it was aimed at the child/young teen market?

He watches cartoons too. No problem with him watching them either.
    Calm down lad. I never called anyone sweaty or a weirdo.

I saw the thread advertised on the front page. Thought it might be something I could take the young lad to watch. Then noticed it said over 18s. Was a bit surprised that it was groups of adults (presume its mostly men, or do women go to this as well??) meeting up to watch it. That's all.

Lots of people have hobbies I'd think were a bit weird. Dungeons and dragons or that warhammer stuff or whatever. As I've said, each to their own. Doesn't effect me. Work away and enjoy yourselves

Now while you might have been unsure of the forum rules, I think you went down a rabbit hole of WUMing and low level trolling the forum once they replied to you and it was disingenuous to keep it up.

I think an apology and to say you misunderstood the forum and pro wrestling would have avoided all this but you kept it up and I think in this instance the Mod was right to ban you and as such, I'm up holding his decision.

You may, if you wish, get an Admin to review my decision and they might over turn the ban, if you wish to go down that route.

OP has not replied in over a week despite logging into their account, I think we can probably close this off.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Closing it now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement