Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair Snowboard carriage

Options
  • 23-02-2018 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I have flights booked with Ryanair. I'll be bringing my snowboard but I have yet to add this to my flights. However, the 'Sports Equipment' options which Ryanair describe only includes the following (with varying costs attributed)

Bike
    Large Sports Item
    Golf Equipment
    Skis
    Sports Equipment

I haven't found any further details regarding the above other than the prices. As my snowboard isn't 'Skis' can I instead go for the 'Sports Equipment' option which is actually about €10 cheaper each way? Ideally I'd rather do this but I don't want to get stung for an additional at the airport.

TL; DR: have people here successfully brought there snowboards with them having checked them in as 'Sports Equipment' rather than 'Skis' without incurring an additional charge?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭DoraDelite

As far as I know it falls under Skis so I doubt you'll get away with "sports equipment". I actually carry my skis in a snowboard bag as I can fit the rest of my ski gear in there as well and avoid the need for other checked luggage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

DoraDelite wrote: »
    As far as I know it falls under Skis so I doubt you'll get away with "sports equipment". I actually carry my skis in a snowboard bag as I can fit the rest of my ski gear in there as well and avoid the need for other checked luggage.
    I actually chanced paying for 'Sports Equipment' and got through. I couldn't actually find any mention of 'snowboard' so I was prepared to argue this point but didn't actually need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭prunudo

Just a little add on to this.
    When we travelled to Munich earlier this month the guy in Dublin who was at the bag drop asked did we have any equipment in our regular check in bags. Was expecting him to be difficult but we said yeah, helmets and bindings. He said it be better to put them in via the oversized with the board bag as they wouldnt be thrown around as much as going the regular route to the plane.
    Was decent of him to mention it.

Advertisement