Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happened republic of loose?

• 23-02-2018 12:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

Where’s mick pyro and the lads these days. Great Irish band.

What happened them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Ajsoprano wrote: »
    Where’s mick pyro and the lads these days. Great Irish band.

What happened them.

I believe they disbanded, I agree though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

I the guitar player brez has his own thing going called cc brez, I think Benjamin the bass player is or at least was in one of those springbreak/90's tribute kinda bands and from what I've heard, Mick has gotten himself sober and off the booze and is playing guitar in a blues band called The Mick Pyro trio. He is actually a very tasty guitar player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Ajsoprano

I the guitar player brez has his own thing going called cc brez, I think Benjamin the bass player is or at least was in one of those springbreak/90's tribute kinda bands and from what I've heard, Mick has gotten himself sober and off the booze and is playing guitar in a blues band called The Mick Pyro trio. He is actually a very tasty guitar player.

Any idea why the split up?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

They kinda did themselves no favours in terms of seeing themselves as sort of above every other band at the time, they chose Eamon dorans as their hitching post rather than Whelans which was the place to be and the rest is history.

Talented lads though. Be cool if they came back without the inflated notions they had at the time.

Ajsoprano wrote: »
    Any idea why the split up?

No idea sadly. I could guess why but doubt we will ever know why they called it s day. Would love to see them back to their original sound of the first album as to me that album was just fantastic but they seem to be off doing their own things now so doubt we will see them back anytime soon.

• Advertisement

david75 wrote: »
    They kinda did themselves no favours in terms of seeing themselves as sort of above every other band at the time, they chose Eamon dorans as their hitching post rather than Whelans which was the place to be and the rest is history.

Talented lads though. Be cool if they came back without the inflated notions they had at the time.

They chose Dorans as they rehersed upstairs in the place and their manager was Dermot who owned Dorans at the time. I used to run shows and night's in Dorans around the time of their first and second album and they used to always be in along with the likes of Humanity,Stagger Lee,Mighty Stef,The Things etc.

Republic of Loose were a decent easy to listen to band but their emergence more or less announced the wave of hipsterism that would sweep the country :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

They chose Dorans as they rehersed upstairs in the place and their manager was Dermot who owned Dorans at the time. I used to run shows and night's in Dorans around the time of their first and second album and they used to always be in along with the likes of Humanity,Stagger Lee,Mighty Stef,The Things etc.

I remember. Where are they now list kinda. But all added to the mosaic. Dublin was fvckin amazing for the diversity of talent and range at the time. Doesn’t feel like that anymore.
    Ps Have you seen dermot recently? Guy needs help. Let’s not though.

david75 wrote: »
    I remember. Where are they now list kinda. But all added to the mosaic. Dublin was fvckin amazing for the diversity of talent and range at the time. Doesn’t feel like that anymore.
    Ps Have you seen dermot recently? Guy needs help. Let’s not though.

Yeah I've spotted him the odd time when I've been in Dublin. He was always a gentleman to me anytime I briefly spoke to him in Dorans or voodoo lounge. hopefully he gets well soon

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Always a great gig, in the sound house in Johnstown.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Really liked the first 2 albums but they kinda lost me a bit with Johnny Pyro, but some good tracks still. Saw them play maybe 5 times, put on a great show. Would love new music from them and a few gigs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,692 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Only seen them live the once, supporting Alabama 3.

Great nights entertainment. I had never heard of them before that night, thought they were excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Ajsoprano

Yeah great live show seen them a few times.

Loose loose loose.

Advertisement