Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFC payment

Options
  • 23-02-2018 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭

When is BOI going to adopt NFC phone pay? I'm going to leave if it's not in the next few months after being a customer for 30 years, it's a joke it hasn't been adopted yet..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Goose81 wrote: »
    When is BOI going to adopt NFC phone pay? I'm going to leave if it's not in the next few months after being a customer for 30 years, it's a joke it hasn't been adopted yet..

Hi Goose81,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

Sorry but we don't have any update on this. Please be assured that we'll let all of our customers know if there is any change in this.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Hi Goose81,

Sorry but we don't have any update on this. Please be assured that we'll let all of our customers know if there is any change in this.

Thanks again,
    Darren.
    Hi Darren,
    can I read this as implying "there are no specific plans to role out this functionality that I am aware of. If this changes customers will be notified"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi Goose81,

Thanks again,
    Darren.
    Hi Darren,
    can I read this as implying "there are no specific plans to role out this functionality that I am aware of. If this changes customers will be notified"?

Thanks for getting back to Goose81, we wouldn't have any further information on this but if there is any change we'll be sure to update all of our customers.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭duckofdeath

2019 is soon here and still no news about mobile nfc pay from Bank of Ireland? 😫

One year later... Still no news from BOI. 😫

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Harcrid

It’s ridiculous that I have had to open a bank account with another bank just to get NFC functionality. Can’t understand the delay.

@reps --- could you provide an update please. Arter talking to your financial advisors I'm in the process of moving my mortgage, so moving my current account should be relatively painless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

@reps --- could you provide an update please. Arter talking to your financial advisors I'm in the process of moving my mortgage, so moving my current account should be relatively painless

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. We do not have an update in relation to this. When and if an update becomes available we will update our website and social media channels to advise our customers of this.

Thanks
    Jen

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. We do not have an update in relation to this. When and if an update becomes available we will update our website and social media channels to advise our customers of this.

Thanks Jennifer,
    Could you please pass onto the powers that be that they really are loosing customers over this. You are supposed to be the biggest bank in the country and yet your technology is genuinely not progressed in 20 years. Example, when I transfer money from BOI current account to BOI Credit card, via 365 it still takes days to process.... Not having NFC is also totally nuts...

If you want to see the future your should get your data experts to analyse the amount of money being transferred from BOI to revolut or N26 and look at the growth projections...

For others, switching banks is really quite easy.
    Life is too short to be stressing about stuff like this when we can just change suppliers ourselves

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Another 1 of the reasons I'm moving to UB. I don't use NFC much (mainly transfer to Revolut), but is handy if you have no wallet.

Also, the BOI charges always seem to wait until I don't have enough money in my account and put me into minus. Then I get more charges for going into minus...

• Advertisement

BOI still not having anything to say about mobile contactless payments, half a decade later, surely just means the bank will never support it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

BOI still not having anything to say about mobile contactless payments, half a decade later, surely just means the bank will never support it. :(

Are you guys saying if I was with BOI.. I CAN'T use my phone to pay like using Google pay or something?

In aib, I just entered my card details on Google pay app n it works just like having my card. That's not yet possible with BOI?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

manonboard wrote: »
    Are you guys saying if I was with BOI.. I CAN'T use my phone to pay like using Google pay or something?

In aib, I just entered my card details on Google pay app n it works just like having my card. That's not yet possible with BOI?

Nope they never adopted it at all, nor the Apple equivalent. Don't think Permanent TSB do either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Incredible really that this isn't on the radar to be rolled out. The user experience of the BOI app is way way way behind in comparison with other major banks across the globe. Seem BOI are not that bothered about continous improvement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Incredible really that this isn't on the radar to be rolled out. The user experience of the BOI app is way way way behind in comparison with other major banks across the globe. Seem BOI are not that bothered about continous improvement.

Apparently it's something to do with an IT upgrade that'll take years but you'd think they might have some update or more to say on it.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

ChikiChiki wrote: »

It's harder to gain customers then keep them. Having such a large customer base means, little investment for the same amount of "return".

It's like why Eircom survived for so long. Very long standing customer base, weren't bothered to leave

Advertisement