Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Loan

Options
  • 23-02-2018 3:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi,

I am a full time student. I am in need of a loan for college costs. I have been turned down for a personal loan as my earnings are too low. I work part-time (20 hours a week). 
    Is there much chance of me obtaining a student loan? I am aware there is an online application process to go through. After that is completed will I be contacted the next day or week by a member of bank of ireland ? How long does it take for the loan to be credited to my account?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi,

I am a full time student. I am in need of a loan for college costs. I have been turned down for a personal loan as my earnings are too low. I work part-time (20 hours a week).
    Is there much chance of me obtaining a student loan? I am aware there is an online application process to go through. After that is completed will I be contacted the next day or week by a member of bank of ireland ? How long does it take for the loan to be credited to my account?

Thanks

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

You can certainly apply for a student loan with us. Please make sure that your current account is registered as a 3rd level student account before you apply for a student loan as this would be needed to complete the application.
    Once you've applied online depending on what information and documentation is given in the application it can take a few days for the application to be fully processed.
    When this has been processed you'll be contacted directly to inform you of the decision.
    If you're approved and confirm that you would like to draw down the loan the funds should be in your account within one working day.

I've given a link here that you can use to apply for a student loan online.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 WhiteWidow67

Hi,

Thanks

Hi there,

You can certainly apply for a student loan with us. Please make sure that your current account is registered as a 3rd level student account before you apply for a student loan as this would be needed to complete the application.
    Once you've applied online depending on what information and documentation is given in the application it can take a few days for the application to be fully processed.
    When this has been processed you'll be contacted directly to inform you of the decision.
    If you're approved and confirm that you would like to draw down the loan the funds should be in your account within one working day.

Thanks again,
    Darren.
    Hi Darren,
    I'm just after returning to full time education but my account is down a graduate account (I was previously in college but did not complete). How can I change status to a student account?
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi,

Thanks

Hi there,

Thanks again,
    Darren.
    Hi Darren,
    I'm just after returning to full time education but my account is down a graduate account (I was previously in college but did not complete). How can I change status to a student account?
    Thanks.
    Thanks for getting back to me here. Once you have started back in full time education you can then pop into a branch of Bank of Ireland with some photo ID and a registered letter from the college you're studying in and the advisers their will be happy to change take note of this on your account.

Thanks again, 
    Darren.

Advertisement