Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seed golf ball

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Seve OB wrote: »
    how long did it take to receive them?

5 business days iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭benny79

I find them great! delivery is usually 3/5 days. Great valve for money as well. I gave a lot out as prizes in the Boards Society last year all where impressed. Good to support an Irish Company too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,084 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

benny79 wrote: »
    I find them great! delivery is usually 3/5 days. Great valve for money as well. I gave a lot out as prizes in the Boards Society last year all where impressed. Good to support an Irish Company too.

yes i got a box.... was impressed enough that i will order some

think it was the SD02 you gave me

still have a good few balls in the drawer so don't need to order yet if they only take a week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

Prices for the SD-01 (Pro-V equivalent) have jumped from €25 a dozen to €35.

Huge jump, which is unfortunate.

I've been using them for the last few years and find them great. Might have to look to Snell or Vice now, or even Pro-V.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭srfc d16

I think the price change can be avoided if you suscribe for the balls. As far as I know you can get them sent as many or few times as you like. You could set it that they send you out a new pack every 6 months or however often you usually get new balls and you got them for €25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

Still €25 per dozen on the subscription set up or bulk buy (5 dozen) and free delivery over €50 when I ordered 3 weeks ago. Delivery was crazy quick, ordered Tuesday, delivered Wednesday.

I use the SD-02, great ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭IAmTitleist

Would like to have tried them but 7.99 shipping to Northern Ireland has put me off.

srfc d16 wrote: »
    I think the price change can be avoided if you suscribe for the balls. As far as I know you can get them sent as many or few times as you like. You could set it that they send you out a new pack every 6 months or however often you usually get new balls and you got them for €25
    martinkop wrote: »
    Still €25 per dozen on the subscription set up or bulk buy (5 dozen) and free delivery over €50 when I ordered 3 weeks ago. Delivery was crazy quick, ordered Tuesday, delivered Wednesday.

I use the SD-02, great ball.

OK, this is good news. I'll stick with them so, like to support Irish small businesses too.

FYI I have collected them from their premises before, when I needed a couple of dozen in a hurry and was in Carlow. Good to know if you're about Carlow town I suppose. They were very sound about it too.

Yeah I have collected from them too there based in Carlow college.

SD-01 is Pro-v equivalent

SD-02 is Pro- vX equivalent

• Advertisement

Decided to order a dozen SD 01 and see what they were like. Ordered at 4:30 yesterday and have just arrived in the post today.

Exactly wrote: »
    Decided to order a dozen SD 01 and see what they were like. Ordered at 4:30 yesterday and have just arrived in the post today.

Well I chipped in for birdie twice on the front 9 of my first round with them, so no pressure.

I did also lose about 3 of them on the front 9.

PARlance wrote: »
    Well I chipped in for birdie twice on the front 9 of my first round with them, so no pressure.

That sounds about right :D

They really are like pro v1s so........like magnets to the water and OB them things, especially when they are fresh from the box

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Rippeditup

They really are like pro v1s so........like magnets to the water and OB them things, especially when they are fresh from the box

They do look great sitting just out of reach in a lake though,.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,619 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I remember those DDH balls from years ago.
    We used to call them Drains, Ditches and Hedges.

• Advertisement

Nearly holed out for eagle on my first hole 😂

3 birdies and 1 lost ball.

Will take a few more rounds but couldn't find any fault with ball compared to others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭sofireland

I got a great deal on Chrome Softs in McGuirks last year after playing TP5s for a while.
    I've been playing the SD05s a while now, as good as the chrome softs were.
    Great to be supporting an Irish business (even if manufacturing is taking place in Asia)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Got a dozen SD-05 today, will bring them for a spin this evening. Few imperfections on the finish that you would find on a more well known ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭willabur

Few imperfections on the finish that you would find on a more well known ball.

come again?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

willabur wrote: »
    come again?

Wouldn't find sorry. Just to clarify they are very minor, like a tiny bit of plastic left over from the mold.

I'm also inspected them more closely then I would a normal call, IT Carlow being my Alma Mater and all that.

I don't think it will make a difference to my game as I'm a very high handicapper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭willabur

Wouldn't find sorry. Just to clarify they are very minor, like a tiny bit of plastic left over from the mold.

I'm also inspected them more closely then I would a normal call, IT Carlow being my Alma Mater and all that.

I don't think it will make a difference to my game as I'm a very high handicapper.

ah ok, got you :)

The manufacturing process with alot of golf balls was called into question by mygolfspy recently. They have named callaway as having a particularly problematic quality issues in their manufacturing processes. Something Callaway in fairness to them put their hands up last year and said it was something they were addressing.

I bought 6 boxes of chromsoft last year before I heard about these issues. Really wish I hadn't - the problems in the internal moulding and the lack of concentricity of the layers is impossible to see without cutting the ball open. And what use is that??

Played 12 holes with them their. Will defo be buying more.

Not because of performance but because I lost a load of them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

... IT Carlow being my Alma Mater and all that...
    Played 12 holes with them their. Will defo be buying more.

Not because of performance but because I lost a load of them.

lol, not sure which I find funnier, post #2 by a whisker

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

Ordered 3 dozen yesterday plus tees at 4pm. Cost €84 plus free postage and have just been delivered now. Unreal service. Looking forward to trying them out over the weekend

I ordered 5 dozen starter pack. Was expecting 1 bag of tees but I did get the 5. Fantastic deal for €100.

2 rounds in and I just can’t Break the tees! Been using just the driver ones, really impressed. Normally would have used pride tees which are good but while you might get a few hits out of them theY do break much easier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭big_drive

Is the starter pack a once off payment?

Or must you commit to a regular payment, etc?

big_drive wrote: »
    Is the starter pack a once off payment?

Or must you commit to a regular payment, etc?

You can get it and then cancel it after. Default is a monthly delivery iirc.

You can get it and then cancel it after. Default is a monthly delivery iirc.

Yes monthly, every other month or every 3 months. I dropped it to every 3 months. I hope not to loose that many balls between September so I will probably cancel. Actually I should hope to get through the winter with them all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Yes monthly, every other month or every 3 months. I dropped it to every 3 months. I hope not to loose that many balls between September so I will probably cancel. Actually I should hope to get through the winter with them all

Not playing enough golf!!

2 rounds max from them

I ordered 5 dozen starter pack. Was expecting 1 bag of tees but I did get the 5. Fantastic deal for €100.

2 rounds in and I just can’t Break the tees! Been using just the driver ones, really impressed. Normally would have used pride tees which are good but while you might get a few hits out of them theY do break much easier

I broke tonnes of the tees at the weekend but see how did I score in last round thread

I broke and lost everything I brought with me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,276 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

gypsy79 wrote: »
    Not playing enough golf!!

2 rounds max from them

I used one on Saturday and it did seem to scuff pretty badly, it also didnt seem to spin as well as I was expecting.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

If you want to get rid of a dozen, i'll take them off you

GreeBo wrote: »
    I used one on Saturday and it did seem to scuff pretty badly, it also didnt seem to spin as well as I was expecting.

Which ball were you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Been meaning to try these out for a long time. Trying vice ones at the moment but delivery is over 2 weeks so staying local should be a good option. Got the starter pack to try, will post back after I use them for a bit

I'd have to go root in the bag later and check, it was a pretty much brand new seed though.

GreeBo wrote: »
    I'd have to go root in the bag later and check, it was a pretty much brand new seed though.

If it were the 15 then they are muck balls

Worse than most find me balls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Dbu

Ordered SD-02 in November @ €25 per doz, Now €35 per doz. Must be popular.....................

Dbu wrote: »
    Ordered SD-02 in November @ €25 per doz, Now €35 per doz. Must be popular.....................

Still 25 if you do subscription

And eh you can always cancel subscription

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭newport2

Still 25 if you do subscription

And eh you can always cancel subscription

20% off first order too. I ordered 2 dozen and then another 2 dozen to be delivered in 3 months. €90 for 4 dozen balls and 2 bags of tees with free shipping is pretty hard to beat.

• Advertisement

SD 01 = Pro v1

SD 02 = Pro v1x

They do scruff a but more then Pro v's but not that much at half the price would you really complain.. The cheaper ones are dirt and not aimed at serious golfers.

I personally think they are excellent and great valve. Love the line on them too for lining up your putts.

Turns out it was a Snell and not a Seed...clearly I was in the zone that day!:o

I ordered the SD 01 this morning in the trial pack. €20 plus €5.99 postage for a dozen balls plus the bag of tees. Want to try them first but if happy will bulk buy for the value. Like that a yellow version is available too

No white SD-01s in stock, only yellow left. I need balls for the weekend too.

Might have to do yellow, or get SD-02s and change my subscription then for next time.

JCDUB wrote: »
    No white SD-01s in stock, only yellow left. I need balls for the weekend too.

Might have to do yellow, or get SD-02s and change my subscription then for next time.

Possibly a sign of how well they’re doing. Lots of reviews on website have been left in past few weeks so looks like a lot of new custom and people are interested

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭WheresMyPar

newport2 wrote: »
    20% off first order too. I ordered 2 dozen and then another 2 dozen to be delivered in 3 months. €90 for 4 dozen balls and 2 bags of tees with free shipping is pretty hard to beat.

Im very happy with the balls but I don't need a box every month how can I cancel subscription can't find option on site

• Advertisement

Im very happy with the balls but I don't need a box every month how can I cancel subscription can't find option on site

There was an option for a box every 3 months

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭WheresMyPar

There was an option for a box every 3 months

Sorted thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

https://www.todaysgolfer.co.uk/features/equipment-features/2020/august/tested-seed-vs-titleist-pro-v1-golf-balls/

Seriously good review for Seed golf balls here. Today’s Golfer would be one of the bigger hitters in UK so they could be expecting to gain a few orders on back of that review

I bought a box few weeks ago but not tried yet as haven’t got to play with an injury. Will be interesting to try out. Only negative I had was I signed up for a starter pack and all that arrived was the balls. No tees or magazine. Emailed but didn’t receive any reply which was disappointing

benji79 wrote: »
    https://www.todaysgolfer.co.uk/features/equipment-features/2020/august/tested-seed-vs-titleist-pro-v1-golf-balls/

Seriously good review for Seed golf balls here. Today’s Golfer would be one of the bigger hitters in UK so they could be expecting to gain a few orders on back of that review

I bought a box few weeks ago but not tried yet as haven’t got to play with an injury. Will be interesting to try out. Only negative I had was I signed up for a starter pack and all that arrived was the balls. No tees or magazine. Emailed but didn’t receive any reply which was disappointing

The "magazine" is no great loss tbh. Tees are grand though. They're usually decent at getting back.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

Hopefully it won’t mean a price increase if demand gets high. There’s a huge demand for any golf products at moment

Read an article which said highest monthly sales recorded since 1997 for July for golf gear in both UK and US. Makes sense as I’ve seen some gear selling online for big money

• Advertisement
Advertisement