Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Search forum' not working for me

Options
  • 23-02-2018 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

I can't search an individual forum (except for the 'Talk to', ones, with their own different search interface).

Hitting the 'Search this forum' link at the top right of a forum gets me a search box. I get the cursor in it to bring up the keyboard, but it pops up almost subliminally - it's gone faster than my finger can move to it. So I've probably been asking questions that have already been answered (and wasting other people's time too).

I don't have this problem on other websites, but apologies if it's a device issue. I'm using my phone (computer's been out of order for some time). In case it's relevant I use the desktop versions of websites where possible (finding them easier to view (and the only way to get some functions, including the forum search button in this case). And phone is Moto G 2015 3rd gen, Android 6 Marshmallow, accessing internet via wifi.

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi Fogmatic,

This seems to be an issue caused by the keyboard popping up. Typically we recommend using touch.boards.ie for mobile browsing. The alternatives I'd suggest would be going via Google (site:boards.ie <Query>) or using the search bar at the top of the page - the latter will give you results from across the site, but you can use the list of forums on the left to narrow it down a bit and then change between Relevancy and Date to cover all the bases.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

Thanks Mark! I'll try what you suggest.

Advertisement