Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Link Pictures doesnt work for me anymore . .

Options
  • 23-02-2018 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I am not sure if this is a technical thing that I am not aware of but it used to be very easy to link a picture in a thread. This was on my phone or laptop.

You could Google a picture, right click on the picture and a few options including "Original source" (or something like that) on the photo. This option would open the picture/GIF on its own and you could use that address on boards by just inputting it into the Pic button.

In the last few weeks, when I google pictures I don't actually get the "original source" option and I cant seem to link any pics on any websites.

I think this is prob not a Boards issue, but was hoping maybe one of your techies might be able to point me in the right direction!

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi Drumpot,

If you right click on an image in Google Images there should still be an option to "Open Image in New Tab" or "Copy Image Address". The link generated by both of these should work in the Insert Image tool. That's for Chrome, at least.

I'm sure people will come up with add-ons and extensions to display the View Image button.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Hi Drumpot,

If you right click on an image in Google Images there should still be an option to "Open Image in New Tab" or "Copy Image Address". The link generated by both of these should work in the Insert Image tool. That's for Chrome, at least.

I'm sure people will come up with add-ons and extensions to display the View Image button.

Thanks very much.

Advertisement