Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is eir discriminating against non customers re. line fault?

Options
  • 23-02-2018 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

I am not a customer now but I was, but now I have a line fault and find I cannot report it because they only allow it if you have a valid account No. or phone No. supported by an account, this applies to the net and the 1901 number, I am currently with Sky and cannot contact them either because the landline is not working and cannot call them on a mobile, so I am going around in circles, feeling frustrated and pizzed off...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭irishkopite 2011

If you have a fault with your line and your provider is sky, then you contact sky, not Eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

Yes, you contact whoever your contract is with (the people you pay).  (Same as if Sky was the builder you’re paying, and Eir was Sky’s electrics subcontractor/concrete supplier).

I’m another former eircom/eir customer who didn’t always realise this.  I wouldn’t bother checking with the info on Eir’s website - I did that very thoroughly when starting an official complaint about our line, and nowhere did it put me right (hence weeks of wasted time, effort and frustration).  Neither did anyone I spoke to there, till one said quite aggressively that they couldn’t talk to me.  (I hasten to add that it was about 6 years ago, Mods!).

Are you able to ring Sky from another line?  I wouldn’t have thought any business would be allowed to make it impossible to get through to them.  Maybe another forum could help with this; maybe you know the Sky Ireland forum here?  I’ve also found the Nets & Comms, Ireland Offline and Consumer forums very useful for this kind of thing.  (And the Citizens Advice website better at explaining things than many business/government sites).

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭RichieO

he I
    Fogmatic wrote: »
    Yes, you contact whoever your contract is with (the people you pay).  (Same as if Sky was the builder you’re paying, and Eir was Sky’s electrics subcontractor/concrete supplier).

I’m another former eircom/eir customer who didn’t always realise this.  I wouldn’t bother checking with the info on Eir’s website - I did that very thoroughly when starting an official complaint about our line, and nowhere did it put me right (hence weeks of wasted time, effort and frustration).  Neither did anyone I spoke to there, till one said quite aggressively that they couldn’t talk to me.  (I hasten to add that it was about 6 years ago, Mods!).

Are you able to ring Sky from another line?  I wouldn’t have thought any business would be allowed to make it impossible to get through to them.  Maybe another forum could help with this; maybe you know the Sky Ireland forum here?  I’ve also found the Nets & Comms, Ireland Offline and Consumer forums very useful for this kind of thing.  (And the Citizens Advice website better at explaining things than many business/government sites).
    Thanks, I understand now, Sky is paying eir the landlne service cost, so Sky is the customer not me, I can't report a fault I'm only the end user... 

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

RichieO wrote: »
    Thanks, I understand now, Sky is paying eir the landlne service cost, so Sky is the customer not me, I can't report a fault I'm only the end user... 
    You are the customer, Sky are your supplier, whatever agreement they have with open eir (different to the eir this forum relates to actually) to provide access on their network basically has nothing to do with you. Sky have a forum here, you could try contacting them on that if you can't call them?

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

Use the talk to sky forum

[url]Https://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1598[/url]

Touch
    [url]Https://touch.boards.ie/forum/1598[/url]

At very least they should be able to get a call to you setup

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

RichieO wrote: »
    I am not a customer now but I was, but now I have a line fault and find I cannot report it because they only allow it if you have a valid account No. or phone No. supported by an account, this applies to the net and the 1901 number, I am currently with Sky and cannot contact them either because the landline is not working and cannot call them on a mobile, so I am going around in circles, feeling frustrated and pizzed off...
    Hi RichieO ,

You will need to contact your network provider to have this investigated. 

We cannot help with this issue.

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement