Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any Car Rental companies that would deliver car to your door step and collect it back

• 23-02-2018 7:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

Is there any Car Rental companies in Dublin (Lucan) that would deliver car to customers door step and collect it back?

I am looking for a small automatic hatchback. Any idea approximately how much it would cost me for a month?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,481 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

IF you’re having it for a month, how important is pick up and collection?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭TestLink

It is not that important. Just curious whether any rental companies offer this service.

TestLink wrote: »
    I am looking for a small automatic hatchback. Any idea approximately how much it would cost me for a month?

Any idea approximately how much it would cost me for a month?

Arguscarhire.com is a multi company site so you can get multiple quotes at once. Just make sure you allow for insurance. I’d always recommend getting the full whack if renting a car for a month.

You’d be looking around €700 for the month on the likes of a Fiesta or Focus with the extra insurance, which adds around €70-100 on the low end to the base price.

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Arguscarhire.com is a multi company site so you can get multiple quotes at once. Just make sure you allow for insurance. I’d always recommend getting the full whack if renting a car for a month.

Kylemore road location is actually near where I stay.

Enterprise Rent a Car is coming up as 725 !:(

That’s around the right price tbh. You’d probably get something like a VW Up for around €600

That’s around the right price tbh. You’d probably get something like a VW Up for around €600

I would be fine with a small hatchback.

Check out Argus so. You can filter out automatics then sort by price. Insurance price is shown once you click Continue.

There’s a bus from the red cow to the airport for €5

Dublin Heuston is coming up as €416 with Avis. How good is Avis?

• Advertisement

They’re a world leader. Just make sure full insurance option is included and that you’ve actually selected an automatic car.

Many Thanks colm_mcm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,049 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

They’re a world leader. Just make sure full insurance option is included and that you’ve actually selected an automatic car.

Would the OP not be better to get a 3rd party insurance if renting for a month? I've a car booked for a few weeks time and the insurance is €5 a day, the car costs €7 a day.

Advertisement