Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Very confident forecast by Helen Dillion,Disruptive snow spreading northwards across the country on thursday, latest from met eireann after the news,and very bullish about it too!

In that respect though why is Eagle so negative and dismissive of possible snow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Chong wrote: »
    Having watched the weather on RTE more confusion, utterly different to Eagleton.

People are fierce easily confused. Like it's not complicated. It's very, very cold. The water that usually falls as rain will instead fall as snow. It may also be windy.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Vxlks

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Meant to say that it was kind of a painful day for me with literally everybody asking me if the schools will close and if so when..... I predict weather. I don't predict when schools close :rolleyes:.

Same here, some kid kept questioning me about hoe much will be to close school and I kept trying to give any info i could but there would be no direct answer, kinda annoying from most people, also some kids think it's funny and go "where's the sno" when it's painfully obvious it's not till tomorrow evening..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Turning to snow. That’s a good example of misinterpretation.

Inland

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 233 ✭✭Hooks Golf Handicap

Right so. I'm not throwing in the towel before the fight starts.

We got 24 hours of streamers here in 2010 that dumped 16 inches so the game is definitely afoot.

This warm spell/thaw talk is what has me disheartened.
    If we get pasted out of it by Friday I will quote my previous downgrading post as penance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

pad199207 wrote: »
    Inland

And at coastal areas.

JCX BXC wrote: »
    And at coastal areas.

Later on yes

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Slimity

Was Michelle Dillon using the ECM 12z on the 6.1?

And how can the tv forecast for thurs/fri be so different from the radio (The Eagle's one) when they both originate at Met Eireann?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Later on yes

That's always been more or less the forecast hasn't it? The 'good stuff' not arriving until evening time. What's the drama about?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Later on yes

It's too cold for rain Mr. Kildare Weather. If it's not going to be heavy, it will be a continuation of today with snow grains or flurries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

Met eirann said on the news, all snow gone by Friday due to warmer temps

Didn't think this was a certainty

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

THE gritters out gritting my road what a great sight something I haven’t seen in a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I can see why there's a lot of confusion on this. Today FM news were talking about a weather warning for snow and ice, but didn't once mention when the alert was valid for. I expect a lot of other stations are doing the same.

So I imagine we'll get lots of people in here tomorrow morning claiming that it's another big nothing, met eireann wasting everyone's time, etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

I didn’t hear that.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    It's too cold for rain Mr. Kildare Weather. If it's not going to be heavy, it will be a continuation of today with snow grains or flurries.

There will be a marked improvement in snow tomorrow evening for eastern areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Its not yet certain but it was likely and still is

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Snowbiee21 wrote: »
    THE gritters out gritting my road what a great sight something I haven’t seen in a long time

Jesus they were out for a solid month there from mid January to mid February

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

No they didn’t.....they said snow overnight Thursday into Friday and getting milder over the weekend. So much confusion on here

• Registered Users Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

wakka12 wrote: »
    Its not yet certain but it was likely and still is

Where did you get that from. The forecast on the 6.1 said blizzard like conditions Thursday night and Friday with a possible thaw over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

One forecaster says one thing the other says the opposite...Met Eireann cant lose:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Ewan Hoosarmi

Hooter23 wrote: »
    One forecaster says one thing the other says the opposite...Met Eireann cant lose:pac:
    That's a double edged blade.

Drooling at those showers in SE England

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

Ahh Its kind of funny.

Breath innnn and outttt

Better?

No it didn’t help. Wine did though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Don’t understand why met eireann are throwing out mixed messages. Surely they should all be aligned at this point or at least with their messaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Can anyone tell me, how the UKMO runs look like today for Thursday and Friday please

• Registered Users Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Where did you get that from. The forecast on the 6.1 said blizzard like conditions Thursday night and Friday with a possible thaw over the weekend

Nothing about a thaw either, but fully correct about the blizzard tbf.

However, other users are just blatantly making up lies. It's getting really tiring at this stage and really taking from the enjoyment of the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Met Office in UK forecasting front turning to rain over the southern half of the country on Friday :(

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Drooling at those showers in SE England

Some of them are rain!!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Liffey4A

Met office weather update.
    Not much snow graphics across the Irish sea??

https://www.facebook.com/metoffice/videos/10155612549969209/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Not the best pic lol , but this has me very encouraged #beastfromtheeast

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement