Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭United road

Beast from the east being discussed now on claire byrne live on Rte 1

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Nuno

Beast from the east being discussed on Claire Byrne Live now on RTE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Lovely night here on the Laois/kildare border , just back from walking the dog while it is cold its very dry out.
    Rather odd for it to be -1 and no visible sign of frost anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Titain wrote: »
    Will south-west kerry get any snow? Sorry if this has been asked/answered already, but I keep seeing everywhere but here listed :-(

All going well on Wednesday evening..

prectypeuktopo.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Michelle Dillon on Claire Byrne live now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,220 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Titain wrote: »
    Will south-west kerry get any snow? Sorry if this has been asked/answered already, but I keep seeing everywhere but here listed :-(

Extremely Likely on Thursday Night/Friday, amounts and when/if it will turn to rain is all up in the air. South West Kerry is about the worst place for snow as you can get in Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,604 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Thanks - think it's this that is most prominent point "with predicted worsening" and explains the low level at which the warning is amped up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

What's the prediction for Dublin tomorrow up until lunch time? Need to pick up a car in the morning, wondering if I should postpone it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

Weather on the beeb now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

The forecaster on claire byrne says storm emma will be snow thursday night into friday morning

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Casualsingby

What's the prediction for Dublin tomorrow up until lunch time? Need to pick up a car in the morning, wondering if I should postpone it

Met eireann snow warning for Dublin kicks in at 3pm. Will be fine.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106269976&postcount=3408

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

You should be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭jasper100

Michelle Dillon on Claire Byrne live now

Keeps mentioning blizzards, as have other ME bulletins. Met Eireann have gone all in here predicting blizzards largely country wide. Interesting to see how it pans out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Can't say for sure but it looks like from about 12 tomorrow snow will start falling.. just play it by year tbh..

prectypeuktopo.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭jasper100

Tank full of fuel mentioned now. Run on petrol stations next.

And high viz vests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 358 ✭✭YanSno

Expect light snow on the east coast tomorrow morning. There might be a dusting until lunchtime highly unlikely, after that it will be heavier and more frequent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

BBC going all snow from storm emma to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Excellent synopsis by Helen Dillion on Claire Byrne live

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭linpoo

Any idea what the weather will be like on Friday? Supposed to be flying somewhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

BBC forecast "they've called it the beast from the east, well its starting to roar but its only going to get louder"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭United road

Beast from the east being discussed now on claire byrne live on Rte 1

Wow! What a beaut of a discussion there with Ms Dhillion on Claire Byrne show.
    Said everything you would want to hear if you love cold and snow!
    Amber alert for east for tomorrow eve through most of Wednesday.
    Then suggested red alert likely for Thrs to Fri morning. Said that event was snow, never mentioned rain!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

jasper100 wrote: »
    Keeps mentioning blizzards, as have other ME bulletins. Met Eireann have gone all in here predicting blizzards largely country wide. Interesting to see how it pans out.
    I've a feeling it could go kaput for them
    Anymore trending South and a lot of the country will stay dry.
    Indeed Wednesday beginning to look the more serious of the 2 days now

Seriously what is with all the people asking what the weather is gonna be like?
    Watch the weather reports or read the first post like everyone else does

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

On Claire Byrne Live just now.

She asks a mechanic 'how do you get your car ready for the upcoming weather?'.

He replies, 'well you have to prepare your car.... for the weather'!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

linpoo wrote: »
    Any idea what the weather will be like on Friday? Supposed to be flying somewhere

Fine... Will be grand drying weather

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭Uthur

how severe is storm emma? what can we expect in dublin? many thanks!!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

443005.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Queue in 53 Degrees North in Carrickmines earlier.

1st world problems...

Photo credit: Patrice Harrington

28378884_1594530907331368_2644259329820075686_n.jpg?oh=b5330b01e428fc099447841534b256d3&oe=5B117FA1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Titain

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Extremely Likely on Thursday Night/Friday, amounts and when/if it will turn to rain is all up in the air. South West Kerry is about the worst place for snow as you can get in Ireland.

Thankyou for answering, and yes, it is.Though we struck gold in 2009. I'll keep on hoping....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement