Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Titain

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Extremely Likely on Thursday Night/Friday, amounts and when/if it will turn to rain is all up in the air. South West Kerry is about the worst place for snow as you can get in Ireland.

Thankyou for answering, and yes, it is.Though we struck gold in 2009. I'll keep on hoping....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

velo.2010 wrote: »
    On Claire Byrne Live just now.

She asks a mechanic 'how do you get your car ready for the upcoming weather?'.

He replies, 'well you have to prepare your car.... for the weather'!

He also said your tyres are your contact with the road. Who knew.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Uthur wrote: »
    how severe is storm emma? what can we expect in dublin? many thanks!!!!

Read back through the thread , Im nearly 100% sure you will find what your looking for

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Excellent synopsis by Helen Dillion on Claire Byrne live

I believe her first name is Michelle.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭YanSno

Just a kind request for new posters please read the opening page for updated forecast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I'd bank tonight's BBC weather forecast for Friday if I could. No rain, pure white out over the southern half and east Ulster.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Victor Meldrew

So, since Saturday the ME forecast lows have been consistently not hit. And tonight, the supposed -2 is nowhere to be seen. Not saying the snow will not come, but could the cold air be losing some of its impact as it makes its way west? Yes, it was really raw this evening, the cold felt like a cloak soaking into me as I walked to and from the car, but I don't see the cold forecast materialising unless we get snow cover and clear night skies?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

dacogawa wrote: »
    Queue in 53 Degrees North in Carrickmines earlier.

1st world problems...

Photo credit: Patrice Harrington

That's the type panic buying I 100% agree with! Good parents in that queue!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭circadian

Guy in work gets this fairly often, drives him mental so I always make sure to include it as much as possible.

Anyways, I fully expect to be working at home from Wednesday until after the weekend at this rate. It's been a long time since I've seen significant snowfall in Ireland. Just hoping that we don't get a partial thaw then freeze, that's the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

So, since Saturday the ME forecast lows have been consistently not hit. And tonight, the supposed -2 is nowhere to be seen. Not saying the snow will not come, but could the cold air be losing some of its impact as it makes its way west? Yes, it was really raw this evening, the cold felt like a cloak soaking into me as I walked to and from the car, but I don't see the cold forecast materialising unless we get snow cover and clear night skies?

It's not even 11pm lad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Quote:
    Originally Posted by squarecircles
    I believe her first name is Michelle.

Michelle Byrne? that doesn't sound right :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Difference between tonight and tomorrow night in terms of temperature

Tonight

12-580UK.GIF?26-18

Tuesday night

36-580UK.GIF?26-18

Note temperatures in the Irish sea. The snow that comes on shore will settle straight a way with fast accumulations on coasts.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

One of the lads sent me this , its a big set up by the supermarkets I tell you

443013.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Any snow for Limerick likely? Chart seem to say we might get off lighter than the rest of the country? But I could and possibly am reading them wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

There was nothing left but easter eggs when I got there, so I filled my boots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

davo2001 wrote: »
    Any snow for Limerick likely? Chart seem to say we might get off lighter than the rest of the country? But I could and possibly am reading them wrong?

Some charts seem to say Limerick and Clare will get the worst hit....there isn't much shadows disrupting those area's.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Some charts seem to say Limerick and Clare will get the worst hit....there isn't much shadows disrupting those area's.

What about east Galway (Craughwell/loughrea)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Don't people realise it's not the end of the world?
    It nearly is...but not quite!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Gonna be a lot of stale bread in all these houses. Why does everyone think they will eat so much just because one/two days the shops may possible be closed :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

-3.9 here in Carlow about half an hour ago. Gone back up to -3.5 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

BBC newsheadline..Kent has declared a snow emergency.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

The panic buying really is disturbing - especially in Dublin where main roads will be kept well clear even in a foot of snow and there's a shop almost right beside just about everyone.

At least it shows people are paying attention to the warnings I guess. But still, peculiar human behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Calibos wrote: »

Belt of a snow shovel that lad needs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

davidsr20 wrote: »
    What about east Galway (Craughwell/loughrea)?

I think there's going to be a snow line crossing from slightly north of Galway to Dublin,then as far south as the channel islands in the Uk

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

443005.png

They're dewpoints.

Although the real temps look chilly enough too. :O

18030218_2618.gif

wakka12 wrote: »
    Gonna be a lot of stale bread in all these houses. Why does everyone think they will eat so much just because one/two days the shops may possible be closed :pac:
    There'll be a shortage of the "yellow pack" bread tomorrow, that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Reurmett.gif

Look at the temperature distribution around Europe!

Iceland +8c
    Southern Italy -3c

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

aurora 527 wrote: »
    BBC newsheadline..Kent has declared a snow emergency.

Clark? Better get his thermal s out so

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Don't eat yellow snow !!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement