Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭jasper100

Mtx wrote: »
    What a load of nonense! Snow for 2 days and its chaos.

If it was Dec / Jan with short days and prospect of things lasting for a month I'd say fair enough.

But its happening in March. Even if it is "extreme" it won't last long.

And a red warning has not even been issued yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rodar08

davo2001 wrote: »
    Any snow for Limerick likely? Chart seem to say we might get off lighter than the rest of the country? But I could and possibly am reading them wrong?

I thought that too about the tiny little area in Donegal that keeps showing up clear and white on all the charts. South inishowen. It feels like there’s a mini snow shield of its own around where I live. Waaaa :( I’ll just wait and see like everyone else ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

So, since Saturday the ME forecast lows have been consistently not hit. And tonight, the supposed -2 is nowhere to be seen. Not saying the snow will not come, but could the cold air be losing some of its impact as it makes its way west? Yes, it was really raw this evening, the cold felt like a cloak soaking into me as I walked to and from the car, but I don't see the cold forecast materialising unless we get snow cover and clear night skies?

-3.3 here and still dropping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

So, since Saturday the ME forecast lows have been consistently not hit. And tonight, the supposed -2 is nowhere to be seen. Not saying the snow will not come, but could the cold air be losing some of its impact as it makes its way west? Yes, it was really raw this evening, the cold felt like a cloak soaking into me as I walked to and from the car, but I don't see the cold forecast materialising unless we get snow cover and clear night skies?

Are you saying you don't believe it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

Essien wrote: »
    Are you saying you don't believe it?

😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Nuno

Good discussion happening now on TV3 on the Tonight Show

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

They're dewpoints.

Although the real temps look chilly enough too. :O

Just spotted that on Netweather , the 2M threw me :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Victor Meldrew

Daniel2590 wrote: »
    It's not even 11pm lad

Maybe it will "bite" . But so far, it has underperformed in terms of low temps. Now, I still think it will be disruptive and hopefully my kids will get an 82' out of it. I've never seen drifts in Ireland since then.

Just observing the consistent temperature being 2 to 3 degrees higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭piuswal

Yes but she only forecast as far ahead as Fri morning. No mention at all of anything afterwards but I thought in her earlier forecast she had said that there would be a rise in temperatures later in the day.

It all depends on where EMMA goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Stephen Hawkins football boots

Not a bit of wind in D16 , not overly cold no idea of that has any bearing on the weather to come, but literally no wind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Victor Meldrew

irish1967 wrote: »
    -3.3 here and still dropping.

Where is here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Where is here?

Donegal I think

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

First few flakes in Wexford town.

It begins.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

Temp in Cavan just went up to 1 degrees??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Brianmeath wrote: »
    Please make a thread that only mods & MT can post in. I am reading everything here from
    bread
    shorts & toes
    parking up the hill or down the hill,
    is it all over
    Will my flight land or take off
    Please please

Try the daily forecast thread

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Tzmaster90

RuthieRose wrote: »
    Temp in Cavan just went up to 1 degrees??
    it will shoot back down when cloud breaks

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Last night it was -3.5c here as forecasted....

Are you checking lows relative to your position?

You could peel the nuts off a brass monkey here atm. Current temperature is -1.5c and dropping ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Not a bit of wind in D16 , not overly cold no idea of that has any bearing on the weather to come, but literally no wind

Gusting to 25kmh here in Arklow
    It would skin the Danes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

The upcoming interaction between the "Beast from the East" and Emma reminds me of Shrek and Fiona. Hopefully it all ends up in a Disney-esque happy ending for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

Tzmaster90 wrote: »
    it will shoot back down when cloud breaks

Phew!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

First few flakes in Wexford town.

It begins.

Light flurry in Waterford also

• Registered Users Posts: 18,185 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Temperature fairly steady here, now 0.9c in West Clare, cleared up and got to 0.4c earlier but its become quite cloudy since. (Rose to 1.3c an hour ago)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Anne ni labhara has just desimated the tonight show panel on tv3 she's gas

Great discussion on tv3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Gusting to 25kmh here in Arklow
    It would skin the Danes

Strange. I'm about a mile from the sea and not a breath of wind.

Smack on 2 degrees here, south Dublin, 75m ASL

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Snow in kildare. It's not really falling just tiny flakes sort of floating around out there. Hoping the worst will hold off until Wednesday afternoon so my husband will be home from work and a package I'm waiting on will have arrived. After that I'll be able to enjoy it.

In saying that I have a feeling of anxiety in the pit of my stomach thinking of those sleeping out in it. Already a dog has died from the cold, which just serves to show just how destructive the weather is, even before the snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

11pm.

Knock airport -3 in a light easterly wind
    Gurteen -2
    Claremorris -1
    Belmullet enjoying a rare frosty night , -1

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

1c here in Dunshaughlin. Not much action here yet as pressure is still too high, Could be tomorrow morning before showers get going.

Large area of beefy showers over North-East England now.

Kamili wrote: »
    Smack on 2 degrees here, south Dublin, 75m ASL

Dropped to 1.9 now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Gonzo wrote: »
    1c here in Dunshaughlin. Not much action here yet as pressure is still too high, Could be tomorrow morning before showers get going.

Large area of beefy showers over North-East England now.

Not showers, a frontal system with a warm sector. Will turn things sleety tomorrow morning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement