Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Are we still on for this on Thursday?

tateyama-kurobe-02.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Sweet baby jebus. That's some report from MT

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

From my apartment I can see the plume from the incinerator in Dublin. This for the last week has been showing an Easterly wind. This morning it"s showing a generally westerly wind. Was that expected?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Lawnmo

I'm the father to over a dozen wood pigeons. Not by choice mind you. Greedy feckers

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

-6°C in East Clare (rural/mountain) at first light....

Clear and gorgeous skies at sunrise....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

What time are snow showers due to arrive in the east today.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Just a bare sugar coating so far,very light small flakes
    As I drove into Arklow town (I’m two miles inland) the sugar coating is covering roofs cars and gardens

To think how excited we'd all have been with a dusting and now what's coming down the tracks. George you will be snowed under there.

The showers later today are expected to be much more widespread per the forecast so hoping for some white gold to whet the appetite.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Surinam

An organised band of precipitation is now approaching the east coast. Be interesting to see what it brings.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭raspberrypi67

Better take those Tomato plants in...!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

ME's forecast images have a lot more snow on them than yesterday.

DXBoSHkWkAAa-7O.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9 AndiG

Light snow dusting in gorey also..... Very lightly snowing now the last 10 mins..... I'm right at the coast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Stopped and dry now in Arklow but I can see more directly out to sea will it come in?
    Interesting stuff it’s like a white Saharan dust on the Jeep
    No melting and no sign of this rain and shleet forecast from the front!
    I’m leaving tesco now
    New consignment of bread and milk in but only covering 1 quarter of the shelves it will be gone in no time
    Very eery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

AccuWeather says real feel -9 snow in an hour :D

Once I can get from the cc to my chiropractor in rathmines tonight I don't care!

titan18 wrote: »
    I'm praying for carnage so I get to sit at home and do nothing. Snow day be much better than work day

Let’s see how you feel on day 3 of frozen roads and footpaths and you can’t get out , cabin fever is worse than work , be careful what you wish for !

And I wouldn’t wish “carnage” on anyone , so many people will find this episode extremely difficult and challenging . Not everybody is young and fit and in good health .

Wait for the complaints and outrage in a few days when services aren’t working, no buses , power outages , crisis in A&E with broken bones , cars skidding .

It will be the same people .

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Shadylou

-1 Here in cork city. Sunny and crisp not too windy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭sjb25

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Approximately 12:37:54

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Let’s see how you feel on day 3 of frozen roads and footpaths and you can’t get out , cabin fever is worse than work , be careful what you wish for !

And I wouldn’t wish “carnage” on anyone , so many people will find this episode extremely difficult and challenging . Not everybody is young and fit and in good health .

Wait for the complaints and outrage in a few days when services aren’t working, no buses , power outages , crisis in A&E with broken bones , cars skidding .

Everyone else gets to be happy when it's all sunny and warm, whereas I'm sweating bricks and uncomfortable. Now, this is my weather and my turn. I'm going to revel in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Once I can get from the cc to my chiropractor in rathmines tonight I don't care!

You'll be walking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,852 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Only has -4 real feel for lucan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Better take those Tomato plants in...!

I'd be taking in pine trees for this one....

Just curious here. Yesterday's photo from my apartment was this...
    38683615620_6ff37d6e06_c.jpg

In that photo the incinerator in Dublin is visible and showing the wind blowing in a general East to West direction.

Here's this morning's view...below the * is the incinerator's plume blowing in a general West to East direction...

39617197585_dfe3bf267e_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Surinam

humberklog wrote: »
    Just curious here. Yesterday's photo from my apartment was this...
    38683615620_6ff37d6e06_c.jpg

In that photo the incinerator in Dublin is visible and showing the wind blowing in a general East to West direction.

Here's this morning's view...below the * is the incinerator's plume blowing in a general West to East direction...

39617197585_dfe3bf267e_z.jpg

The wind has just moved onshore ahead of the small front approaching? It will switch back to an easterly/north easterly later.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Shadylou wrote: »
    -1 Here in cork city. Sunny and crisp not too windy

And yet suprisingly no frost...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Great forecast on rte radio 1 from siobhan Ryan. Said this is expected to be a memorable event and that it could last into early next week. Red warnings expected to be issued by tomorrow morning for going into Thursday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Could people not quote photos and charts in posts? Text is more than adequate.

Surinam wrote: »
    The wind has just moved onshore ahead of the small front approaching? It will switch back to an easterly/north easterly later.

I am observing cloud movement in a E/NE direction though. Just thought the plume was a curious observation that made a break from the "when will it snow at the end of my road, how deep and will I need 2 or 3 pairs of socks on?":pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Siobhan Ryan just delivered an apocalyptic forecast..

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

This is all very exciting lads! Been lurking for the last few days following all the updates.

We’ve a school trip due tomorrow leaving Waterford and going to Dundrum for a play...is it safe to say that it’s a no go at this stage? The kids will be so disappointed but I don’t want to get trapped on a bus with them either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

My god that forecast from Siobhan wouldnt have been short from being scripted into the day after tomorrow movie!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement