Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭donal.hunt

Surinam wrote: »
    The wind has just moved onshore ahead of the small front approaching? It will switch back to an easterly/north easterly later.

The poster is clearly from Met Éireann as the photo is taken from the Northside looking south. So the plume is running east to west indicating an easterly airflow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Never hear a forecast like that from Siobhán before or ever I think even in 2010 on the 755am radio forecast

Snow snow snow
    Stand out comment

‘and I hate to say it into the early days of next week’ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

pad199207 wrote: »
    My god that forecast from Siobhan wouldnt have been short from being scripted into the day after tomorrow movie!

Missed it! Mind giving an explanation of what was said? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Never hear a forecast like that from Siobhán before or ever I think even in 2010 on the 755am radio forecast

Snow snow snow
    Stand out comment

‘and I hate to say it into the early days of next week’ :D

Where can I hear this forecast?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Missed it! Mind giving an explanation of what was said? :)

SNOW...in summary.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

Naas temp -1.1

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

donal.hunt wrote: »
    The poster is clearly from Met Éireann as the photo is taken from the Northside looking south. So the plume is running east to west indicating an easterly airflow.

Subtle! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

What are the odds for a red warning tomorrow for Dublin region? Thursday and Friday seems likely but I'd like Wednesday off too ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Lovely SNOW FLURRIES now in Wexford:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

What are the odds for a red warning tomorrow for Dublin region? Thursday and Friday seems likely but I'd like Wednesday off too

Almost guaranteed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

What are the odds for a red warning tomorrow for Dublin region? Thursday and Friday seems likely but I'd like Wednesday off too ðŸ˜

Not good. I think the warning is for Wednesday going into Thursday. So this isn’t due to kick off until Thursday really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

DOCARCH wrote: »
    SNOW...in summary.

Thats all we need to hear! :D;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Thats all we need to hear! :D;)

Username checks out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,491 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

looks completely normal out in dublin this morning,not eve ice on the cars

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

My money is on heavy snow tomorrow while at work and then a sudden red warning and nightmare commute always the same

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭eoz

Hoping this as not as bad as they are saying. 2010 was torture.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭bazlers

I like how MT thinks the central Leinster will do very well with streamers

“tonight and tomorrow, and for snow and blowing snow with blizzard conditions likely in some parts of Leinster, 10 to 25 cm snowfalls possible (5 to 15 cm away from main snowfall areas of south and central Leinster)”☃️⛄️⛄️

• Registered Users Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The snow in the Irish sea is just beginning to turn to sleet as expected. This won't last long in to the afternoon. The snow showers will develop and pile in before nightfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

silverharp wrote: »
    looks completely normal out in dublin this morning,not eve ice on the cars

The air is too dry for frost to form!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Latest Dublin Airport TAF just going for light snow showers from midday, until 15:00 and then again from midnight:

TAF EIDW 270500Z 2706/2806 03006KT 9999 SCT020 BKN035
    BECMG 2706/2708 33010KT
    BECMG 2711/2713 05022G35KT
    TEMPO 2712/2715 3000 -SHSN BKN010 BKN018CB
    BECMG 2719/2721 08014KT
    TEMPO 2800/2806 1500 -SHSN BKN010 BKN015CB

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

So is Ireland under a white blanket and blizzard conditions ?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

titan18 wrote: »
    Everyone else gets to be happy when it's all sunny and warm, whereas I'm sweating bricks and uncomfortable. Now, this is my weather and my turn. I'm going to revel in it.

Storms late autumn \winter
    Snowfest winter
    I hope its my turn in summer
    It's never my turn

So is Ireland under a white blanket and blizzard conditions ?

Hold your post for 24/48/72 hours...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Latest from the hirlam model. Increasingly intense snow showers moving in from this evening.

tempresult_dre4.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

Daniel2590 wrote: »
    The air is too dry for frost to form!

No it's because the temps aren't sub zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

eoz wrote: »
    Hoping this as not as bad as they are saying. 2010 was torture.

Consider 2010 was going into winter, we are coming out right now so it wont last anywhere near as long, temps are going to rise quickly after the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 18,185 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

-2.2c and the cars barely frozen, bizzare! West Clare.

Interesting to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

There has been frost on mornings which are a lot warmer than this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

-2 in Galway. Very dry frost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

There’s plenty of sub zero temps across the country but lack of moisture has resulted in no frosts

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement