Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,005 ✭✭✭✭listermint

No it's because the temps aren't sub zero.

No it's because the air is dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Latest from the hirlam model. Increasingly intense snow showers moving in from this evening.

Plenty of showers reaching Donegal there!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

No it's because the temps aren't sub zero.

http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

Temperatures are sub zero almost nationwide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

Waiting for bus in Limerick City. Beautiful morning but real feel temp is -6

It is ****ing freezing!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

66% humidity. Love this type of weather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 UMOT

Minus 3 at 06:00 in Westmeath, minus 1 right now in Skerries facing the sea, skys are pretty grey out to sea

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

The snow in the Irish sea is just beginning to turn to sleet as expected. This won't last long in to the afternoon. The snow showers will develop and pile in before nightfall.

Would be suprised to see sleet when Howth is 0.1 / -2.8 but i suppose that may briefly jump up when winds go ne, but i think it should remain as mostly snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Paully D wrote: »
    The thing I’m looking forward to most is bringing my dog for a walk in the heavy stuff.

The little fella is getting older and older by the day and while hopefully he has another few years left in him, he will never experience anything like this again so it will be great to have a few pictures/memories of it to look back on in the years to come.

Dont worry about the chaos and misery as long as your dog has memories !!

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭s15r330

s8n wrote: »
    Dont worry about the chaos and misery as long as your dog has memories !!

:eek:

Cop on, as if he can stop "the chaos and misery".

He may as well get something out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

There’s plenty of sub zero temps across the country but lack of moisture has resulted in no frosts

Yep -2 here and not a frost in sight. Lovely morning I have to say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I'm still cold from my cycle and I've been indoors nearly half an hour.

I feel it in my fingers, I feel it in my toes, temperatures keep dropping, I'll be frozen when it snows.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Would be suprised to see sleet when Howth is 0.1 / -2.8 but i suppose that may briefly jump up when winds go ne, but i think it should remain as mostly snow.

Going by the radar we may be about to find out....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

met on rte 1 radio said no snow in the west at all for next few days wtf??

• Registered Users Posts: 18,186 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

Temperatures are sub zero almost nationwide.

Infact, only one station is above 0c and that's Sherkin Island. Not surprising!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Still going here, nice dusting now, this is already the most snow we have seen this winter :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Pangea wrote: »
    Plenty of showers reaching Donegal there!

Those showers making it much further inland than expected a day or two ago. Didn't expect anything until Thursday but would be very unlucky not to see anything before then.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Infact, only one station is above 0c and that's Sherkin Island. Not surprising!

Malin Head is a toasty 4C :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,586 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Something is falling out over Lambay Island, but not yet reached Rush!!

edit: just started lightly snowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

joes girls wrote: »
    Still going here, nice dusting now, this is already the most snow we have seen this winter :D

And where would "here" be?

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

-3 here Craughwell galway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Rise in Dew Points

tempresult_sxu3.gif

Brief but it's enough. Small warm sector.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Ludo wrote: »
    And where would "here" be?

Exactly!!
    Please post locations too please ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,186 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Malin Head is a toasty 4C :)

Ah I missed that!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,552 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

-1, sunny and crisp here in Cork atm, calm before the storm I would imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

met on rte 1 radio said no snow in the west at all for next few days wtf??

That was always the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

There’s plenty of sub zero temps across the country but lack of moisture has resulted in no frosts

Minus 2 this morning, with a feel of -7. Not a bit of frost in sight. Sat off for work in the car, drove 2 minutes down the road and hit the washers to clear some dirt of the widescreen. Instant white out. I was lucky I wasn't on a corner or in traffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Currently in Arklow
    0.7c air
    -2.9c dp
    -0.6c wet bulb temp

Snow flurries
    Small breeze due North so not off the sea currently

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

-1 this morning in Cork but not a bit of ice with the low humidity. Clear blue skys and the sun is shining. Glorious cycle into work

• Registered Users Posts: 44 RiceCrispy

Good bit of snow coming down in Lusk now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

That was always the case?

Been watching Donegal on charts and vast majority giving little or no snow for here. Emma might give us snow but will it make it this far north ? Dunno.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement