Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭milosh

Pretty Heavy in Bray

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭the 12 th man

The snow is teasing us here in West Wicklow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Had a Whatsapp from my brother in Australia this morning saying it was 35C there and they were hearing on the news about this "Beast from the East" hitting western Europe.

Just had a brief snow flurry here in D11 so far this morning but that's all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

In a weird way, Galway feels very like a Northern European city today. The dry air feels European (Prague/Berlin/Vienna). Absolutely stunning morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

couple of flecks of snow in sandyford as i cycled through just before 9. traffic is very light this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Worst meant to hit dublin late today through to Thursday.. yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

Bit of dandruff in Rathnew/Wicklow. You can see traces of it sticking though as the ground is so cold and dry so if it gets going properly I think it will stick quick enough. Conveniently the kids have a half day for teacher training, so it just needs to wait long enough for me to collect them at lunch time else they'll have to walk as I'm not risking wicklow hills in a rear wheel drive car!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Ludo wrote: »
    And where would "here" be?

The one time I didn't put it in my post:rolleyes:

South East Wexford 1 mile from the sea.

Think I got the first snow of the day:D and looking out to sea there is more to come!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Worst meant to hit dublin late today through to Thursday.. yes?

Yes...and probably Thursday night into Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Snow coming down in Naas now seems to be sticking -1c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭ZeroSum76

Heavy snow on commuting to Bray from Wicklow but ground wet. Temps too high to stick? Disappointing 😯

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

From a practicial point of view I wonder are we going to see a Red warning for Thurs&Fri , looks possible at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

pad199207 wrote: »

None down the road in kilcullen.

Have a doc appointment with the little fella at 11. So ye can keep it til then. (Last time he needed a doc was when we were preparing for Ophelia. He obviously has a sense of drama)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 233 ✭✭Hooks Golf Handicap

pad199207 wrote: »

Didn't last too long but a nice starter all the same.

Anyone else worried about this NE flow, needs to go more Easterly or all the lovely showers are missing landfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,091 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Starting to settle near Greystones, but easing off again now.

Are pics allowed? click to zoom, NO QUOTING PLEASE :)

B9_FIng_D.jpg

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I'm supposed to be going to a football match tonight in north Dublin (Bohs v Derry, in Phibsboro), KO is 7.45. Am I right in saying there's a decent chance it could be cancelled? Considering the long trip the Derry team/fans have to make they'll likely be under pressure to make a call early.

Thanks for all the info in this thread, been a fascinating read!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭ace_irl

Had a very light flurry in Dublin 1 just before 9 this morning. Almost like a test run! I hope the heavy stuff waits till after the rush hour commute back home. I can't get over the amount of people I've talked to that have said there won't be any snow.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Lumen wrote: »
    Are pics allowed?

Yes, but to others, please avoid quoting pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Rooy wrote: »
    From a practicial point of view I wonder are we going to see a Red warning for Thurs&Fri , looks possible at the moment

It's looking like a red warning for the majority of Leinster and Munster for Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Full on blizzard Coynes cross wicklow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Treepole wrote: »
    It's looking like a red warning for the majority of Leinster and Munster for Friday.

It looks like it will be issued tomorrow morning. I wonder what time Thursday it will come into effect for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Lovely dusty stuff blowing about now again near Arklow

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭ZeroSum76

Full on blizzard Coynes cross wicklow
    Ground wet though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

This was Sandymount Strand just before sunrise this morning, the cloudscape was really picking up but the chill was quite cutting, seagulls and other birds staying as close to the coast as possible. Can't wait to get out taking pictures in the proper stuff!

443039.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭JPF82

Some light dandruff type flurries in Lucan at the moment. Ground is dry so it is sticking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

-2C at 8am in Limerick. 0C at 9am.

Glorious day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭NewMrs2b

Flurries in Naas at the mo. Skies still very grey!

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

It looks like it will be issued tomorrow morning. I wonder what time Thursday it will come into effect for.

That will be the interesting part for schools and places of work , one good size shower on bone dry roads and you could have travel issues straight away , thats even possible tomorrow i guess.
    *Im only looking from a Cork city perspective here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

We await for the terror...
    https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F332666%2F73f16796-03da-4ac0-9ab7-483ce3617664.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

I know mainly the east is to be affected but thought I would add that it is such a nice day for Galway. We are constantly hit with icy winds, but today there is no wind and even though it's -2 it is still and fresh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement