Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

In the past half an hour, the camera on Wicklow town has gone from being able to see the town, to being just grey.

http://www.wicklowcam.com/

I think it's safe to assume it's too late for the people of Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭diarmuid79

Any snow in Celbridge...?

Nothing yet but pressure is dropping and I’d say we will get hit late afternoon/evening time, we should be in a sweet spot for the next 24 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

Ludo wrote: »
    http://www.wicklowcam.com/

There was a lovely view from this earlier...is it turned off? OR....?

We’ve lost Wicklow. Ah well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭914

Very light small snow flakes beginning to fall in waterford city

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

leahyl wrote: »
    From Met Eireann...

"There is a level of uncertainty through the weekend with a complex area of low pressure to the south bringing further spells of wintry precipitation."

Yes, we've gone for majority of models supporting heavy snow Thurs into Friday morning before tapering off to all models showing different outcomes, but all of them show heavy snow Thursday night into Friday morning still.

It's just whatever comes after that is currently still unknown. The most extreme model for instance has consistent snow across much of the country from Thursday night until Saturday morning, dumping over a foot of snow in some places. And the least extreme shows about 15-20cm in South and East until mid morning Friday.

Either way it still looks like a very white Friday for many.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

What are the chances of a red weather warning before the day is out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

Lovely amount of snow in Wicklow town/Rathnew. Nothing lying yet. Heavy clouds. Can't get into Tesco apparently

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Tropheus wrote: »

Unless charts suddenly align and we have a definite outcome, slim. Probably 24 hours from now we'll get a proper update on the days ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

That Streamer running the length of the English Channel is a thing of beauty

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭LastLagoon

Some card ,great Heavyweight headliner but lots of intriguing matches on the undercard

Beast from East v Storm Emma

hysteric early load blowers v “it’ll be nothing” down-players

Online experts v Met Eireann

“Met Eireann aren’t doing enough!” Screechers v “they’re a joke with all these warnings” moaners

“Natural selection should be let run its course” heads V “I’m going for a hike up carrauntoohill in a T-shirt ,shorts and runners” headers

Cabin shut in supermarket clearing preppers v thecarton of milk and a few cans dont even know there’s snow coming crowd

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭NewMrs2b

So this is from the tech / Model thread... Please tell me someone outlined the 'beast' in the pic!

H3PxKoA.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

jhegarty wrote: »
    I think it's safe to assume it's too late for the people of Wicklow.

If they had just listened they could have been prepared

Too many non-believers and not a single sliced pan bought Yesterday

443047.JPG

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Tropheus wrote: »

Slim I reckon, tomorrow night I'd say will be the first red warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

coffeepls wrote: »
    We’ve lost Wicklow. Ah well

Any chance we could lose Wexford as well, and in particular Davy Fitz and Mick Wallace?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Quite windy in south Laois. 1.2c with a dewpoint of -4.5c. Partly cloudy. Pressure beginning to fall fast 1027hPa now compared to a steady 1032hPa-1033hPa yesterday and last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Is it fair to say that up here in Donegal there is a reasonable chance we will miss out/escape (insert preferred term) all this snow bar maybe some mild flurries. Cold will still be an issue?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Mr Velo wrote: »
    Any chance we could lose Wexford as well, and in particular Davy Fitz and Mick Wallace?

Unfortunately Davy Fitz is in Clare

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,996 ✭✭✭hometruths

davidsr20 wrote: »
    Iv a question. This is coming from the uk but yet we have not heard off massive amounts over there just the norm. Does it mean the same for us or what

Kent this morning:

https://twitter.com/DarbsUK/status/968434346976776192

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

The Uk met services are really showing showers getting going here from later on this evening and tonight. Much of Leinster could wake up to white scenes in the morning.

Tomorrow is looking like a proper snow streamer day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Getting dark and windy after a lovely morning in northwest Donegal, I'm assuming snow here today is unlikely though based on what I've read on here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

If they had just listened they could have been prepared

Too many non-believers and not a single sliced pan bought Yesterday

443047.JPG

Nice try lol. Photo is taken from here.

http://children-learningreading.info/kwrginfo-grocery-store-bread-aisle.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

schmittel wrote: »
    Kent this morning:

Wow. Now that is proper snow. Let's hope it's headed our way.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭lolokeogh

looks like a lovely day here in swords.,ill know more when i venture out in around 10 mins,look forward to this thread today,thanks in advance...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Is Netweather radar on the blank over Wicklow? Seems a sharp cutoff. Same on raintoday. ME looks better.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

schmittel wrote: »
    Kent this morning:

Mesmerising! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

optogirl wrote: »
    davidsr20 wrote: »
    Iv a question. This is coming from the uk but yet we have not heard off massive amounts over there just the norm. Does it mean the same for us or what

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43207709

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/02/27/uk-weather-snow-chaos-roads-blocked-trains-cancelled-latest/

Not just the norm by all accounts
    Can't speak for anywhere else, but here in Co. Durham we had about 3-4 inches overnight (in relatively low-lying areas), took me about 10 minutes to clear it off the car this morning, when I left for work at 8.50am it starting snowing fairly heavily, was over by about 9.30am. Took about 15 minutes longer than usual to get into work, mainly because of over-cautious drivers (15mph on a main road that's been cleared and gritted? Come off it!).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,496 ✭✭✭✭guil

I'm working all country area tomorrow from prosperous up as far as Johnstown bridge and over near kilcock, should be interesting first thing in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭vistafinder

The term the Beast from the East looks great on a weather forum like this but when you hear it on the news headlines. Oh Lord

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

NewMrs2b wrote: »
    So this is from the tech / Model thread... Please tell me someone outlined the 'beast' in the pic!

Only did it quick on my phone :pac:

dCh7REw.jpg

Edit: fixed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Light snow in South Tipp under the Galtee Mountains (115m AMSL). Pretty surprised to see it this early, given how far inland I am.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement