Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Where's D4 ?

I'm in The Burren in North Clare,but have never heard of D4 is it in Waterford

Dublin 4. Areas like Ballsbridge and Ringsend. Surprised you never heard of it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

gawker wrote: »
    The wrong side of the tracks in Dublin, never go there!

The tracks go directly down the middle of D4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

HighLine wrote: »
    DP has gone up in the last hour at the Ashford weather station in Wicklow so will be marginal. Current temp 1.9c DP -0.2

That’s fine up to 0.5c but colder coming behind in new batch anyway
    I don’t know what mine is it updates on twitter on the hour but I’ll set it to 30 mins at lunchtime
    I’m in the tractor at the moment thankfully got the heater in it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭aidanodr

davidsr20 wrote: »
    Wtf is snizzel

Snizzel is as a result of Snizzing apparently :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Where's D4 ?

I'm in The Burren in North Clare,but have never heard of D4 is it in Waterford

Yeah Dunmore road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Odd stuff falling here in D16. To look at it you'd say it's a rain/hail mix, but it's actually just very fast-falling graupel.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,489 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

its stopped now, sun back out

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 18,019 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Drizzle slowly changing to snizzle here in Tallaght.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

A question for the more learned contributors here: if a RED alert is going to be issued, when would that likely be??

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Lucyryan1983

davidsr20 wrote: »
    Wtf is snizzel

Very light snow I think. I could be totally wrong!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Streamers pepping up a bit now just off the East & North East

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SNNUS

DellyBelly wrote: »
    Dublin 4. Areas like Ballsbridge and Ringsend. Surprised you never heard of it

That easterly blew that one straight over your head!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

It's going to worse then 1982 here is longford 07/01/82
    IMAG11001_zpslf2fsqoz.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Terrible news folks. Remember that Wakeboard I found in the spare bedroom that would make a great toboggan thingy. Well, turns out I can't use it after all. I've been informed it has the signatures of Cast and Crew of the Last Jedi on it. Brothers GF worked on The Last Jedi (Partly to blame for the Porgs :D ) Why couldn't she have just gotten them to sign a scrapbook or something!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭eoinfitzokk

Wicklow has not been lost

http://www.wicklowcam.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

A question for the more learned contributors here: if a RED alert is going to be issued, when would that likely be??

Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭EarlyStorms

It got very dark and there was a brief period of snizzle there in Dublin 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

Wow and at a a whole 1fps!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Even if it doesn't snow (which it will) but these threads have been great just for the number of 1982 pictures alone .... the nostalgia !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Cutesy snow here in portlaoise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Coming down heavy in Drogheda now. Starting to stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭eoinfitzokk

25dqdp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Wow total white out

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Very light snow I think. I could be totally wrong!

More like a made u word

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Possibly tomorrow, when there is more certainty about the behaviour of Storm Emma on Thursday and Friday. If conditions allow she may produce a white-out, heavy blowing snow. The Red alert would be for public safety reasons and would effectively close all schools in the areas covered by the alert, cancel non essential public services and recommend to the private sector and the general public that they undertake only essential tasks and limit peoples need to be outside.

You can read the forecast levels required for red cold / snow warnings on the Met website and somewhere on this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Even if it doesn't snow (which it will) but these threads have been great just for the number of 1982 pictures alone .... the nostalgia !!!

I've a picture of myself and neighbour kids standing in front of the drifts the length of the street, well above out head height, in which we made tunnels and caves. Do you think I can find it? No, but guarantee it will appear during a heat wave we may or may not have this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MissMoc

It is almost balmy in Offaly. From -5 last night to 8.7 now!!

And rising!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭mojesius

Windy, dark and shleeting here in SE Meath, sun was splitting the skies 30 minutes ago!

We're stocked up on refined carbs, water, Tae, wine and beer, baby is in her Woolies, dogs walked, birds ate their bounty out the back garden...we're all ready to embrace the beast!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

listening to the BBC radio traffic reports the roads in SE England are in some state

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement