Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

just had a small shower in Blanchardstown. Stopped as quick as it started.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

light snow shower here now. First flakes of this cold spell at my location!.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Snizzle, hail and now sunshine in D10!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭the 12 th man

Use the old reliable black plastic bag!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

MissMoc wrote: »
    It is almost balmy in Offaly. From -5 last night to 8.7 now!!

Id wonder if your stat is broken or its getting a heat radiation from something , seems out of kilter with latest obs from Met Eireann stations

443054.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Lucyryan1983

davidsr20 wrote: »
    More like a made u word

White stuff falling from the sky. Call it what you will :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Graupel to hail to sleet showers here in Dun Laoghaire, temp a little high still at 4C, DP is falling away though, now -2.3C

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Moderate snow / graupel shower now in dublin 5. Definitely starting to feel darker

• Registered Users Posts: 23 BaRmy79

Just getting a shower of sleet/hail/graupel here in Dublin 15 atm. We had a few flurries over night and first thing this morning with a slight dusting on the cars before brightening up into a lovely morning. It gone very grey overhead so hoping there will plenty more showers of snow as the days goes on. Waiting for the beast to really start roaring!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

That’s fine up to 0.5c but colder coming behind in new batch anyway
    I don’t know what mine is it updates on twitter on the hour but I’ll set it to 30 mins at lunchtime
    I’m in the tractor at the moment thankfully got the heater in it

A sleety/hail mix now with DP gone up to 0.1c. Looking forward to later when they drop back down and the proper stuff arrives :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MissMoc

Hmm, possibly, the sun is shining directly on it.
    Id wonder if you stat is broken or its getting a heat radiation from something , seems out of kilter with latest jobs from Met Eireann stations

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

About 30 minutes left till the sun starts to head back down, temps should start to fall off after and the Irish sea will start to bubble up properly...

Bit of sleet/snow/hail here in Dublin 4 now

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Shadylou

Still lovely and sunny here in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Lucyryan1983

Use the old reliable black plastic bag!

Bought some heavy duty bags this morning in Mr price. Going to try use the big plastic storage tubs from Ikea. I think they might just work!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

wow!

take a look at the met.ie rainfall radar. Is THAT an example of the IoM shadow I've seen mentioned many times?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Bit of snow in Bray. Stopped after about 10 seconds :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,263 ✭✭✭highdef

http://www.wicklowcam.com/ Heavy passing the north side of Wicklow. Can see more showers out at sea on the webcam.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Can’t see this being too much of an issue. I spent two winters in Calgary, Canada. Now that was proper snow and cold weather. Up to a metre of snow, and temperatures down to -25. It didn’t stop me walking home from the pub with 10 pints of strong lager inside me. Think some folks here are getting into Bear Grylls mode – getting off on the idea of power cuts, self-sufficieny, food shortages, the country grinding to a halt, and all that sort of thing. I’ll be working every day this week, and my staff will be too.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭torres9kop

Heavy hail now in Sandymount. Will this turn to snow soon anyone know??

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Shadylou wrote: »

I see some low grey clouds moving in, be nice to have a snow shower today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭aisling86

You might want to look east, snow approaching on netweather radar....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Bought some heavy duty bags this morning in Mr price. Going to try use the big plastic storage tubs from Ikea. I think they might just work!

We have 2 baby baths in the attic for times like this!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

wow!

take a look at the met.ie rainfall radar. Is THAT an example of the IoM shadow I've seen mentioned many times?

No, winds due to change later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Leaden sky to the east of me
    Incoming :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Bert Cooper

torres9kop wrote: »
    Heavy hail now in Sandymount. Will this turn to snow soon anyone know??

Entirely possible you’d imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Gone noticeably darker in the last few minutes now...darker clouds gathering.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Sleety snow just started again in Dublin 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

No, winds due to change later

dang, and there was I thinking I'd finally understood something on here :eek:

Thanks Stephen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Can’t see this being too much of an issue. I spent two winters in Calgary, Canada. Now that was proper snow and cold weather. Up to a metre of snow, and temperatures down to -25. It didn’t stop me walking home from the pub with 10 pints of strong lager inside me. Think some folks here are getting into Bear Grylls mode – getting off on the idea of power cuts, self-sufficieny, food shortages, the country grinding to a halt, and all that sort of thing. I’ll be working every day this week, and my staff will be too.

It might end up being irresponsible to require your staff to attend work by the end of the week. This isn't Calgary. The predicted weather would be exceptional for us. We don't have the experience or equipment to deal with 60cm of snow if it arrives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭thomil

aisling86 wrote: »
    You might want to look east, snow approaching on netweather radar....

Yep. Clouds are moving in now. Sun is fighting a gallant rear guard action here in Ballincollig, but I don’t think it’ll last much longer.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement