Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Ah yes, here it is. So pretty.

Plenty of snowflakes where I work...and that's just inside the office:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Looks to be plenty more on route ,

443060.png

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭TwoCats

There was some light dust in Dundalk for a while but we've sunshine again now : (

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Just now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,552 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

mzeOX.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭HONKEY TONK

• Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

Graupel in leopardstown just started

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭norabattie

Just now

Oh Where is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Very dark in cental Park leopardstown

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

M2 buoy in the Irish Sea is working again after being out of action for months. Perfect timing! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Comparing Dublin with Calgary ffs! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

norabattie wrote: »
    Oh Where is that?

Arklow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Belting down in Bray now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Snow grains in Maynooth for the past 20 minutes, fairly light so not amounting to much but not melting on contact with the ground so encouraging for showers later sticking from the get go

• Registered Users Posts: 18,493 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

"graupel" that's my word for the day , I'd have had to phone a friend on that one.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

flurries in naas!! eeep!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Ok it’s coming down now in d’batter and it means business. Much bigger like hail but it’s sticking.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭spoonerhead

Snizzle and sizzle last few minutes in Crumlin, think it was Snoop dog playing.

Oh weather is frequent flurries

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

In this weather they are just carrying their coffees around to keep their delicate hands warm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Smashing day here in Clare, bit chilly but great sunshine and dry for a change! Much and all as I love snow I'd much rather if it stayed this way!

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

snowing again the the city

• Registered Users Posts: 18,186 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

That rain and possibly sleet the Eagle forecasted wasn't very accurate ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭alentejo

I recon that the first event i.e. snow showers late Tuesday to Wednesday will be a non event in Dublin. Just does not seem to be the moisture there. I could of course be wrong but it does seem a little ramped up!!.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

This Windmap will show you why Dublin/Wicklow is getting showers all morning despite the wind seemingly coming from the NE which should put us in the IOM snow shadow.

https://www.windy.com/?rain,52.982,-5.515,7

Full on snow in Arklow now
    No gray owl in it
    Fluffy flakes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

alentejo wrote: »
    I recon that the first event i.e. snow showers late Tuesday to Wednesday will be a non event in Dublin. Just does not seem to be the moisture there. I could of course be wrong but it does seem a little ramped up!!.

3hr met precip charts would disagree, never mind the fact we are relying on convective showers that haven't even formed yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,186 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Snow showers in the forecast for Shannon airport from 7am tomorrow morning, no prob 30 or 40 attached!

Bring it on ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭spoonerhead

alentejo wrote: »

It’s an evening event, what we are getting now was supposed to be rain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Can’t see this being too much of an issue. I spent two winters in Calgary, Canada. Now that was proper snow and cold weather. Up to a metre of snow, and temperatures down to -25. It didn’t stop me walking home from the pub with 10 pints of strong lager inside me. Think some folks here are getting into Bear Grylls mode – getting off on the idea of power cuts, self-sufficieny, food shortages, the country grinding to a halt, and all that sort of thing. I’ll be working every day this week, and my staff will be too.

You sound like such a reasonable person to work for/with....your colleagues are truly blessed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement