Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

sdanseo wrote: »
    Some of the nonsense being posted here is insane. Every Walter Mitty must have his 2c.

There has been no change in any of the guidance forecasters have available to them since 10am, 6am if you consider the models they actually tend to depend on.

Re read the first post in this thread by Kermit. It will be evening (that is after dark when temps plummet) before there will be any appreciable accumulations. Rattles being thrown out of prams at this stage is beyond ridiclous.

No update on Kermit’s weather in 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

This is great: http://www.wicklowcam.com/

Been watching a front coming in for the past 10 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Carlow County Council just dropped a tonne bag of salt outside my house, should I be scared :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

They courtesy of meteogroup had the precipitation only over east munster and much of leinster
    Quite the uncertainty

UK met office update mid morning had snow countrywide in Ireland! Anyway interesting afternoon runs coming up.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

jasper100 wrote: »
    Are we still looking at 6" of snow across Leinster later today as forecast on official boards forecast on Sunday?

Heavy snow is likely to develop late in the day across Leinster. 5 to 15 cms possible there.

Mainly this evening and into the morning but yep you should be good ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Lovely curve of cloud out from Dublin bay into the Irish sea on the satellite now

443072.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

Chong wrote: »
    This is great: http://www.wicklowcam.com/

Been watching a front coming in for the past 10 mins.

Something is falling now there on the webcam

• Registered Users Posts: 12,181 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

There's always one :rolleyes:

There's more than one.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

A few lonely flakes fluttered down here just north of the Knockmealdowns about 12:00. Visible frost line on Galtymore seems quite high, around 800m, probably because the air is so dry.

Eagerly looking the other way on the lookout for snow arriving over the Comeraghs!

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Carlow County Council just dropped a tonne bag of salt outside my house, should I be scared :eek::D

No, just seasoned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Mafra

There’s something rolling over the hill right now.. rain? Sleet? Or snow?? It’s consuming the view as I type..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Macy0161

dsmythy wrote: »
    I think the milk and bread run is sensationalised really.
    Today is hype from yesterday. In my experience, the shops have sod all in on a normal Monday evening, so the few buying extra cleared them out. Win win for the supermarkets!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 UMOT

Drag it in and ther'll be a market for it in about 24hrs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,936 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Bag it up and sell it to the neighbours.:D

Joke !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

There's always one :rolleyes:

If there was only one that would be okay. But there's not, there's LOADS OF THEM!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

Standman wrote: »
    Just heard the Dublin public services are closing shop on Thursday and Friday. Seems they're expecting the more serious forecasts to come true.

Where did you hear this, Standman?

Beverly Hills, California

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Snow not due to hit DUblin until 3pm at the earliest today, the WHY IS THERE NO SNOW posts are just... wow. Ye're all adults with reasonable reading comprehensions like.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 slowly horse

Just saw someone on Facebook say that they don't pay any attention to weather warnings because met eireann have gone hysterical. They WILL pay attention when met eireann don't forecast something. *face palm*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Hide it & sell it on Thursday :D

Disclaimer: I do not approve or endorse stealing of any kind

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    http://www.wicklowcam.com/

Whatever is approaching Wicklow looks exciting!!

Be handy if they stuck a lampost beside it. Too much to ask? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

Posts should just automatically be deleted if they begin with the word “so”

So did ME get it wrong?

So will it snow in Bray?

So will Cork get snow?

So is this a downgrade?

And such and such

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 233 ✭✭Hooks Golf Handicap

When is it meant to start sticking ????
    Anyone know

• Registered Users Posts: 30 newinvestor

Seems like unless you say its snowing you get a warning , its a weather thread , its sunny here in Dublin , these are facts not trolling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

That wind is whipping up now here in Clare.
    The dry black winds sound so different to the damp southwestern blowers, a distinctive hollow sound

• Registered Users Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭endacl

SarahS2013 wrote: »
    Question:

Someone in work just told me that apparently you're not insured to drive your car while there is a red weather warning in place.

Any truth to that does anyone know?

Someone in work who gets all their ‘information’ from Facebook, perhaps...?

You’re insured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

jasper100 wrote: »
    Are we still looking at 6" of snow across Leinster later today as forecast on official boards forecast on Sunday?

Heavy snow is likely to develop late in the day across Leinster. 5 to 15 cms possible there.

There was 6 inches and white stuff localised in my bedroom last night.

According to Met Eireann's orange warning "accumulations of 4 to 6cm by Wednesday morning". and they use the term "will lead" so it is expected to be at those levels.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Seems like unless you say its snowing you get a warning , its a weather thread , its sunny here in Dublin , these are facts not trolling.

SNOW IS NOT EVEN FORECAST UNTIL THIS EVENING. HOW COMPLICATED IS THAT?????????

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Cold here east galway. Dark clouds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

When is it meant to start sticking ????
    Anyone know

We will need your exact GPS co ordinates if you want a time down to the minute and second.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Depends on where you are, if you are in donegal or somewhere something's gone badly wrong....

I'll get me coat :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement