Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 newinvestor

pilly wrote: »
    SNOW IS NOT EVEN FORECAST UNTIL THIS EVENING. HOW COMPLICATED IS THAT?????????

A lot of the mods around here are so pro snow that even if I post later there is only 1cm of snow i'll get another warning . Fine day in Dublin now i'll update later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Carlow County Council just dropped a tonne bag of salt outside my house, should I be scared :eek::D

Now all you need is lemons and tequila!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Carlow County Council just dropped a tonne bag of salt outside my house, should I be scared :eek::D

If they drop off a generator as well, you can charge them with.....

A Salt and Battery!

Thank you, thank you, I'm here all week, try the Baked Alaska...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Depends on where you are, if you are in donegal or somewhere something's gone badly wrong....

I'll get me coat :)

Don't even bother with the coat just get out.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Mooro

Temp just dropped 2C and nice snow Shower In Tullamore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Mafra

Yay! Snow Kilkenny/Carlow. Heaviest seems to be blowing off to the south of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Pentecost

pilly wrote: »
    SNOW IS NOT EVEN FORECAST UNTIL THIS EVENING. HOW COMPLICATED IS THAT?????????

Indeed and the wintry showers we have had have been much more towards snow than the rain they were supposed to be. So if anything the snow may start early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Casualsingby

Euro4 accumulations to 6am Thursday. Sweet spots for highest totals Westmeath, Offaly my interpretation winds so strong they blow showers away too fast from East and slow down over this area. Other sweet spot for highest total is around South Cork area. Large patches of no accumulations in South East.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Where did you hear this, Standman?

Friend of mine had an appointment with them this coming Thursday, was told to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

A lot of the mods around here are so pro snow that even if I post later there is only 1cm of snow i'll get another warning . Fine day in Dublin now i'll update later.

There should be some form of elementary weather thread for these sort of posts.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

It's the lack of respect that people are getting warnings for.

They don't read the forecast and jump in going "no snow here, such a load of crap". Ridiculous carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bpmurray

Louth: Wind has picked up - F6 ENE - and fine snow starting to fall. Pretty darn cold!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Very heavy Sleet/Snow shower here now and the wind has really picked up, feeling a lot colder.
    Southeast Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Don't even bother with the coat just get out.

I dunno, it's pretty cold outside - I'd say it might snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

dacogawa wrote: »
    Hide it & sell it on Thursday :D

Disclaimer: I do not approve or endorse stealing of any kind
    In all seriousness, stick a shovel in there and take 2 or 3 kilos for yourself, I won't judge.

It'll go to good use, it's not like you're gonna use it on your steaks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

There was a very light snow shower of dry snow about 30 mins ago in my part of bishopstown :p

Really? I'm over by Rossa Avenue and not a flake to be seen, blue sky, some clouds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭jasper100

STB. wrote: »
    The snow is not really going to hit until tomorrow. The worst of it Thursday into Friday.

What do YOU not understand about that ????

THIS is the calm before the storm.

Nothing to do with Mods. A lot to do with stupid people.

Apart from the 6" forecast across Leinster for later today of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Quite windy, and sunny in D11. 3.5/-1.2C and falling.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Bert Cooper

All this talk of snow and powder, it always makes me sad for absent friends who used to love their snow.

Miss you loads Katie. Forever in our hearts.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

Snow not due to hit DUblin until 3pm at the earliest today, the WHY IS THERE NO SNOW posts are just... wow. Ye're all adults with reasonable reading comprehensions like.

Ill see you at 15.01 Sir :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

You sure it's a bag of salt? You sure it was Carlow COCO? Many a bag of coke dropped outside the wrong house in Carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I post an update of current weather conditions and get a warning , meanwhile people can go an abuse me with insults and they get no warnings , great community here at boards.ie

that is boards in a nutshell.

It comes down to whether the mods like you or your opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

I post an update of current weather conditions and get a warning , meanwhile people can go an abuse me with insults and they get no warnings , great community here at boards.ie

Please stop

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Standman wrote: »
    Friend of mine had an appointment with them this coming Thursday, was told to him.

I work as a manager in the public service in Dublin. We have not received any notifications of closures at this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Any idea when they'll upgrade it to a red status?
    I presume a lot of people and workplaces are waiting for that to happen before they take action so the sooner they announce it the better.

I'm hoping to commute to work in Dublin tomorrow but like storm Ophelia don't want to travel up and get caught trying to come home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

Probably no precipitation here,but there's dark clouds converging into East Clare.
    Living in North Clare,but today I'm working in East Clare

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

5C in Limerick at 2pm.

Chilly wind

Generally calm

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Fupping freezing in Dun Laoghaire with a NE gale blowing down the Irish Sea from Scotland. Big old angry seas rolling into the bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

It's been a long aul wait.

I'd give anything for a nice beefy streamer to form and douse all the doubters

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Max Prophet

marvin80 wrote: »
    Any idea when they'll upgrade it to a red status?
    I presume a lot of people and workplaces are waiting for that to happen before they take action so the sooner they announce it the better.

I'm hoping to commute to work in Dublin tomorrow but like storm Ophelia don't want to travel up and get caught trying to come home.

Less and less likely it will be red warning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement