Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MissMoc

Of Laois has the warning, looking at that graphic I don’t understand what Offaly doesn’t also?
    aidanodr wrote: »

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

marvin80 wrote: »
    Any idea when they'll upgrade it to a red status?
    I presume a lot of people and workplaces are waiting for that to happen before they take action so the sooner they announce it the better.

I'm hoping to commute to work in Dublin tomorrow but like storm Ophelia don't want to travel up and get caught trying to come home.

Tomorrow you'll be fine, Thursday/Friday might be difficult.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

and now have received an infraction for trolling what a joke this site is

What exactly has this post to do with severe weather?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭KrakityJones

Tiniest of tiny flakes here in East Galway - wasn't expecting anything here until Thursday or Friday..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Light hail shower has made its way to west mayo, surprised.

Becoming overcast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

very light snow shower in Kilkenny City,this is great news that showers are getting this far already bring on tonight and tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

gabeeg wrote: »
    It's been a long aul wait.

Agreed. The weather forum is a good community, lots of helpful and informative posters.

But I am sick of you all now . I have been hitting F5 constantly since Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I post an update of current weather conditions and get a warning , meanwhile people can go an abuse me with insults and they get no warnings , great community here at boards.ie

I'm guessing the warning for for your swipe at the mods, nothing to do with mentioning current conditions at your location.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Less and less likely it will be red warning.

Not a very accurate prophet.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Victor Meldrew

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Fupping freezing in Dun Laoghaire with a NE gale blowing down the Irish Sea from Scotland. Big old angry seas rolling into the bay.

It really picked up in wind speed in the past hour. No hail/snow/sleet mind ( Booterstown, just a bit north...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Carlow County Council just dropped a tonne bag of salt outside my house, should I be scared :eek::D

If you live in a different county to Carlow then yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

jasper100 wrote: »
    Apart from the 6" forecast across Leinster for later today of course.
    source?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Really heavy sleet here now in north meath, everywhere is turning white

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

All this talk of snow and powder, it always makes me sad for absent friends who used to love their snow.

Miss you loads Katie. Forever in our hearts.

RIP Gerry, heaven must have needed another angel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭SeaBreezes

Light snow shower by
    Kinsale 30 mins ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Based on what exactly? Because just about every weather model in existence is showing more than 8cm to sea level. On some you can nearly add a zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Mafra

Hopefully the start:

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭davemc6832

Light hail blowing around in the wind here. I've counted at least ten flakes. Gotten a lot darker after a morning of blue sky and sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

I post an update of current weather conditions and get a warning , meanwhile people can go an abuse me with insults and they get no warnings , great community here at boards.ie

<mod snip>

Having read this thread from scratch (something you quite clearly haven't bothered doing) it is frustrating to read the naysayer type posts especially before the event is due to occur.

Right now in Wexford its now/sleet/rain. That's not going to change until the temps drop @ 5pm and until the weatherfront moves more towards us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

jasper100 wrote: »
    Apart from the 6" forecast across Leinster for later today of course.

It's just gone a quarter past 2. By all means come back at 11:59pm tonight and we'll see where everything stands.

Also the ME orange warning for selected Leinster counties is for 4-6cm by Wednesday morning. There is potential for more for those who are in ideal locations that see alot of shower activity, hence the higher totals possible according to some on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭squarecircles

More and more likely a red warning will be issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

STB. wrote: »
    That's not going to change until the temps drop @ 5pm and until the weatherfront moves more towards us.

This.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

davemc6832 wrote: »
    Light hail blowing around in the wind here. I've counted at least ten flakes. Gotten a lot darker after a morning of blue sky and sun.

Beautiful sunshine in lusk. I'm expecting to wake up to snow in the morning. Quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭dermiek

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Carlow County Council just dropped a tonne bag of salt outside my house, should I be scared :eek::D

At least you won't have to post " will it snow in my back garden" lol

:D:

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭abaddon_ire

A lot of the mods around here are so pro snow that even if I post later there is only 1cm of snow i'll get another warning . Fine day in Dublin now i'll update later.
    I have been alternating between D11 and D15 all day. Every time I jump in the car, something white is falling, hail, grauple, snow.

Are you sure you are not in Dublin, Texas?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 newinvestor

STB. wrote: »
    Don't play the victim here.

You have 28 posts in 3 years. You are a big contributor to the community I see.

If you have a problem with the modding take up with a MOD or the feedback forum.

Having read this thread from scratch (something you quite clearly haven't bothered doing) it is frustrating to read the naysayer type posts especially before the event is due to occur.

Right now in Wexford its now/sleet/rain. That's not going to change until the temps drop @ 5pm and until the weatherfront moves more towards us.

People may be wondering what the weather conditions are like in Dublin , i'm giving helpful advice by telling people its currently sunny and a nice in Dublin.
    It's important to have balanced views anyone who says anything about no snow is shot down like a fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

endacl wrote: »
    Someone in work who gets all their ‘information’ from Facebook, perhaps...?

You’re insured.

If it keeps people like that off the road for a few hours,then don't contradict them;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭jasper100

Scotty # wrote: »
    source?

It was in the official boards forecast on Sunday. 6" across Leinster late today. And thunder.

Heavy snow is likely to develop late in the day across Leinster. 5 to 15 cms possible there. This snow may be accompanied by thunder.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭mobil 222

Light hail shower has made its way to west mayo, surprised.

Becoming overcast.

The same here in Sligo,very light shower of snow.
    Sky is gone so dark all of a sudden .
    I know we are not due anything and this will blow over,but why has the sky got so dark off the Sligo/Mayo/Donegal coast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Shadylou

Lovely day in cork, I'm on my third lot of washing, there's great drying out there &#55357;&#56833;

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement