Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Lenny5

8 C showing on car in mayo. Glorious sunshine. And all i want is for the temp to drop and get them black snow filled clouds rolling over.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭haminka

STB. wrote: »
    Don't play the victim here.

You have 28 posts in 3 years.  You are a big contributor to the community I see.

If you have a problem with the modding take up with a MOD or the feedback forum.

Having read this thread from scratch (something you quite clearly haven't bothered doing) it is frustrating to read the naysayer type posts especially before the event is due to occur.  

Right now in Wexford its now/sleet/rain.  That's not going to change until the temps drop @ 5pm and until the weatherfront moves more towards us.

People may be wondering what the weather conditions are like in Dublin , i'm giving helpful advice by telling people its currently sunny and a nice in Dublin.
    It's important to have balanced views anyone who says anything about no snow is shot down like a fool.
    Define where in Dublin. I'm in D15 near Meath and it's been alternating between sun and sleet and snow here the whole day. Also just talked to my family on the continent and the snow and icy weather there is no joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

28278997_1592569817523798_2048372259567463282_n.jpg?oh=c7e12b2e0f88f3b10e9534bfb3487e65&oe=5B18B961

This was taken from outside Cullohill just before 2pm, they passed over with snow and soft hail.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

Massive black snow filled cloud rolled in from the sea and promptly blew straight over 3 rock without dropping so much as a flake ☹️

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

More and more likely a red warning will be issued.

I hope so as I have a rural drive home most evenings, have to go from Tulla,through the mountains on to Gort through Tubber, up the newline,through Boston....up the commons then down a hazle lane and I'm home....
    I'd never make it if it starts Snowing .
    I'd have to pack my winter wetsuit in the car to keep warm through the night.

Those things are damn toasty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

Really heavy snow now in City of London, and lodging easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

mobil 222 wrote: »
    The same here in Sligo,very light shower of snow.
    Sky is gone so dark all of a sudden .
    I know we are not due anything and this will blow over,but why has the sky got so dark off the Sligo/Mayo/Donegal coast.

I'm in the town and the sun is shining here. Was a bit darker about 30 mins ago.

lovely and sunny in Drogheda - hope it doesn't happen, I want Spring and sunshine and warmth!!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭abaddon_ire

STB. wrote: »
    Don't play the victim here.

You have 28 posts in 3 years. You are a big contributor to the community I see.

If you have a problem with the modding take up with a MOD or the feedback forum.

Having read this thread from scratch (something you quite clearly haven't bothered doing) it is frustrating to read the naysayer type posts especially before the event is due to occur.

Right now in Wexford its now/sleet/rain. That's not going to change until the temps drop @ 5pm and until the weatherfront moves more towards us.

Well, there's the thing. I wasn't expecting anything white until much later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭davemc6832

Beautiful sunshine in lusk. I'm expecting to wake up to snow in the morning. Quite a bit.

I'm not going to get my hopes up here for the North West. If it comes it comes. Got plenty a few weeks back so can't be greedy. Although I am due in Dublin on Saturday so I'll have to see how it plays out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Coffee n chocs

Snowing heavily now on Wexford / Kilkenny boarder. 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

seamus wrote: »
    In all seriousness, stick a shovel in there and take 2 or 3 kilos for yourself, I won't judge.

It'll go to good use, it's not like you're gonna use it on your steaks.

When hubby gets home I'm going to get him to spread some outside as my house opens out to a footpath, I'm sure the neighbours will be over for some too at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭frash

TJ Mackie wrote: »

https://www.earthcam.com/world/england/london/abbeyroad/?cam=abbeyroad_uk

• Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭thomasj

We have a few IMBYs posting in this thread (in my back yardies) . Basically , we could have a once in a century snowfall event, but as far as these people are concerned if they havent got a couple of inches in their back garden , the met have failed the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭RoisinD

Probably no precipitation here,but there's dark clouds converging into East Clare.
    Living in North Clare,but today I'm working in East Clare

North Clare sun is shining, blue sky with some white fluffy cloud. Can see dark clouds in the distance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

I want Hoth and Wampas. :D

Sky turning from bright blue to grey in Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

jasper100 wrote: »
    It was in the official boards forecast on Sunday. 6" across Leinster late today. And thunder.

Heavy snow is likely to develop late in the day across Leinster. 5 to 15 cms possible there. This snow may be accompanied by thunder.

Well, if you want to drive up to the Sally Gap and the Wicklow Gap at midnight today to check that this is right, be my guest. You should be fine in shorts and t-shirt on a motorbike if you are correct.

After all, we haven't really hit late in the day yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

TJ Mackie wrote: »

Aaaand we've been told we can leave work early if we're reliant on Public Transport. Local schools have closed too so some impromptu school runs needed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

frash wrote: »
    Ha a idiot on a motorbike happily spining by

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭stevenup7002

Flurries of snow rolling in on the Wicklow webcam now: http://www.wicklowcam.com

As for down in here in Clonmel, just some light rain. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,599 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Sleet or something white just fell here in Athlone. Spotted it as I swung around in my ergonomically correct office chair. Though it's very light (the white stuff), and not sticking yet.

An hour ago the sun was out and I went for a run in my t-shirt. Was not at all cold. Big change in the hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Glorious sunshine in D15.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Reati wrote: »
    You sure it's a bag of salt? You sure it was Carlow COCO? Many a bag of coke dropped outside the wrong house in Carlow.

I'm originally from West Dublin, trust me I know the difference :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Ongoing snow and grapple showers here near Arklow
    Mostly light

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Wind starting to veer more easterly off Dublin Bay, is this another clue to what is just over the horizon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭kod87

very light flakes blowing in the wind here in tipp, very light but nice to see

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Shower of graupel in Athlone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

jasper100 wrote: »
    It was in the official boards forecast on Sunday. 6" across Leinster late today. And thunder.

Heavy snow is likely to develop late in the day across Leinster. 5 to 15 cms possible there. This snow may be accompanied by thunder.
    Of course, don't forget that the forecast can only be considered "wrong" if less than 5cm of snow falls ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,091 ✭✭✭OldRio

As now, starting to snow in Leitrim. We don't want any of this stuff. Be gone back to the east you horrid thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Dark and gloomy in arklow, and the weather isn't to good either.

Ba dum tish!!!!!
    Arklow really is a ****hole though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement