Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

The beast is more like a kitten so far here, don't kill me !

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Beautiful clear sky sunny weather in Dublin 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭cyclops999

Grupel falling in Athlone

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Anyone know if london got any lying snow ?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭MiaMaria

Well, there's the thing. I wasn't expecting anything white until much later today.

Your answering a post for newinvestor,Could it be that you might have logged into the wrong account to answer.:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Bit surprised at how far West these showers are pushing.
    Any reports from Western counties?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

wakka12 wrote: »

https://www.earthcam.com/world/england/london/abbeyroad/?cam=abbeyroad_uk

Doesn't look like much tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

If you can post on here you surely can find out through various social media outlets

• Registered Users Posts: 6,263 ✭✭✭highdef

Radar and satellite imagery suggests that the Irish Sea is firing up it's snow machine cylinders. Plenty of convection now evident....we may have a not so nice evening rush hour in Dublin this evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭TJ Mackie

Was quite heavy in City for half an hour, lodging on traffic and footpaths, but has stopped now and sun is back out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,005 ✭✭✭✭listermint

hairyslug wrote: »
    Dark and gloomy in arklow, and the weather isn't to good either.

Ba dum tish!!!!!
    Arklow really is a ****hole though

Nearly as bad as courtown, nearly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Nice heavy snow now,
    Southeast Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Raining in east Galway with a dew point temp of -2.0c. Even in a high pressure (1026 hPa) dry easterly we can't escape it. Bye bye nice dry ground. :mad:

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

lol in galway city just saw post about radar look up to sky there is very dark clouds augers well maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

North Co. Cork, 7c and sunny, starting to cloud over just a little bit

• Registered Users Posts: 46 feckwunker

Nice heavy belt of it there in south-east Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

After a morning of sleet/rain showers here in Wexford we now have heavy snow.

Once the warm sector passes over showers will be all snow every where.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

lol in galway city just saw post about radar look up to sky there is very dark clouds augers well maybe?

sorry double post

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭daveyeh

It's cold out in my garden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Just starting to snow in waterford city now

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Ok WTF is with the Dublin snow shield? Showers circulating around us and then forming inland??!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Brae100

People may be wondering what the weather conditions are like in Dublin , i'm giving helpful advice by telling people its currently sunny and a nice in Dublin.
    It's important to have balanced views anyone who says anything about no snow is shot down like a fool.

You are not offering helpful advice, you are being purposely contrarian. You have ignored what the forecasts have actually said and are going out of your way to try and play down what could possibly be a very serious and dangerous event. You have also repeatedly ignored mods' instructions and warnings like a petulant child. Please stop posting your irrelevant nonsense. Your posts are just derailling the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭haminka

Have to say that one of fondest memories when I was at the secondary school was trying to get to school on a day when the big snow hit. It was a complete blizzard, with -15 but the wind made it feel like -25. It was snowing so hard that 10 seconds after a snow plough cleared the train track or the road, it was covered again. We got to school eventually and it felt like a huge adventure. Had a great snow fight afterwards. When they cleared the snow from the roads, the piles were twice as tall as me so plenty of material for snow balls. Ah, the memories. Wish my daughter saw similar this year, at least for a day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Gonzo wrote: »
    BBC still showing all snow for Friday and another band of snow on Sunday.

Friday still doesn't looked nailed, still so much chopping and changing between forecasts.
    Joanna Donnelly's radio forecast at 1250 didn't even go beyond Thursday?
    M.E. giving out warnings left, right and centre and we get a 48 hour forecast?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Gizit

A few flakes floating around with the wind just now. Only lasted about 10 minutes. East Clare

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Bit surprised at how far West these showers are pushing.
    Any reports from Western counties?

Just saw the forecast on the BBC Nes channel. From what the forecaster intimated, my feeling is that we''ll get Storm Emma hitting the south & west on Friday with all sorts of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭914

Nice gray sky and snow falling in Waterford City

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭lolie

My brother sent me this only a few minutes ago. In knightsbridge.
    He's due to fly into Dublin Thursday evening but mother nature might have other ideas.

Edit: must have sent me the snow as well. Snowing fairly heavy now here, s cavan

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement