Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Joanna on radio 1 basically confirming Blizzard conditions Thursday night :D

She's also confirmed a red warning WILL be issued, area dependant.

She also said they are very uncertain from Saturday on and could still be quite wintry. This is agreeing with Met office uk update earlier I believe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Joanna on radio 1 basically confirming Blizzard conditions Thursday night :D

She's also confirmed a red warning WILL be issued, area dependant.

Did she mention anything about Friday morning and later?

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

Joanna said on rte radio 1 there that there will be a red warning. But no locations until they have all the information

No she didn't, she said that there MAY be a red warning. And for people to PAY ATTENTION to forecasts.

If people did that there would be a lot less posts in this thread....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

The shower in Wicklow town was heavy hail. Made roads and paths lethal for about ten mins before it all melted away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Joanna Donnelly on Ray D'arcy show a few minutes ago was asked about the weekend and said still the possibility of snow, NO mention of a rise in temperatures.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Did she mention anything about Friday morning and later?

She skipped that and said its possible for more wintry showers on Saturday, meaning ME are looking at the low stalling over the country option, with low blocking any push. This is pretty fantastic for snow/cold lovers on paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

rosser44 wrote: »
    No she didn't, she said that there MAY be a red warning. And for people to PAY ATTENTION to forecasts.

I disagree. She said there will be a red warning but areas to be confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Rala_

Stop hoping for snow just to get a day off work.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭NeonCookies

Thought Joanna Donnelly did very well on Radio 1 there. Was clear and realistic about expected conditions (basically no need to panic, just take sensible precautions) Told people to stay in touch with the forecasts and check the warnings FOR THEIR LOCATION (Something this thread very much needs at times)! She said there will be a red warning issued but gave no details beyond that. And said that they're currently uncertain about weekend conditions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Seems like snowfall has been extremely variable in England going by netweather regional forums, some places have a few cm at this stage whereas some have seen little or nothing in the way of snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

She mentioned red twice. First she said there will be, which was when I posted, then she said after that there may be red warnings in different areas so people should monitor the forecast.

I have paid attention to the forecast and have corrected people on many occasions over the last few days so don't have a go at me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

dacogawa wrote: »
    Keep going (& growing) looking a bit north of Dublin city at the moment if it doesn't break up

Do you've any idea when this is likely to hit? We're in wicklow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Rala_ wrote: »

Mod Note

Stop personalising things and stick to commenting on the weather

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

You can disagree all you want, it does not change what she said. There was no definitive statement made on a red warning by her. There is no consensus on the warning level for thursday/friday yet

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭wingnut32

dacogawa wrote: »
    Keep going (& growing) looking a bit north of Dublin city at the moment if it doesn't break up

Dacogawa can you tell me what site you are getting these images from.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Jesus H, grow up lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

She mentioned red twice. First she said there will be, which was when I posted, then she said after that there may be red warnings in different areas.

I have paid attention to the forecast and have corrected people on many occasions over the last few days so don't have a go at me.

Fight fight fight!!!🥊🥊🥊

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

wingnut32 wrote: »

Its the Netweather radar

• Registered Users Posts: 40,045 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I think Joanna did more to clear up the whole "sure I've no snow here yet" merchants who seem to be saying it was overhyped. As she correctly said it's a deteriorating situation.

She did say there will be red warning but also said to check for the areas where there will be a red warning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

She mentioned red twice. First she said there will be, which was when I posted, then she said after that there may be red warnings in different areas.

A Double Red Alert?? Aaaaaahhhh!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

Starting to light snow in Minister's Cross near Bunratty Co Clare

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

wingnut32 wrote: »

netweather.tv rainfall radar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Rala_ wrote: »

Nothing wrong with that. A noble aspiration.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

The beast has been sighted!

DXCzd8_UQAE4Rl3.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Heavy snow under the Galtees in South Tipp for the last few mins, lightening off now

• Registered Users Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

longshanks wrote: »
    A Double Red Alert?? Aaaaaahhhh!!!!

In the sense of there'll be red followed by saying monitor for a red in your area

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Temps dropping fairly rapidly to 3C

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

A few snow flutters now in Shannon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

You can disagree all you want, it does not change what she said. There was no definitive statement made on a red warning by her. There is no consensus on the warning level for thursday/friday yet

She said a red warning would be issued, I thought it was strange for her to be so sure about it, then later said it may be issued, area/region dependent.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement