Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

I know they worst is yet to come but am I safe in saying everyone has escaped the snow so far I’m assuming this cause we’re not inundated with pictures of a skift of snow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Temps dropping fairly rapidly to 3C

Are we talking cork my friend?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭aidanodr

Just saw someone on Facebook say that they don't pay any attention to weather warnings because met eireann have gone hysterical. They WILL pay attention when met eireann don't forecast something. *face palm*

You would have to wonder if Met Eireann decided to just give a forcast every evening saying "Well thats what we reckon, make up your own minds" .. and the state agencies then didnt get involved either ... Would these same people above be on bit*hing that they got no info etc ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

davo2001 wrote: »
    A few snow flutters now in Shannon.

Same around the Minister's Cross area near Sixmilebridge

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

i will probably jinx it but there might be ninja snow in the west tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Lots of lightning been detected south of Hacketstown

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

I know they worst is yet to come but am I safe in saying everyone has escaped the snow so far I’m assuming this cause we’re not inundated with pictures of a skift of snow

The warning only came into effect 40 mins ago. This is only getting started!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

i will probably jinx it but there might be ninja snow in the west tonight?

Already Started in East Clare

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Are we talking cork my friend?

Cork City.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Cork City.
    Good stuff, eagerly awaiting a massive black cloud to roll over us 🤞🤞🤞

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

dacogawa wrote: »
    Keep going (& growing) looking a bit north of Dublin city at the moment if it doesn't break up
    Funny to see wintry showers sweeping around and "behind" Dublin into the midlands earlier - you can still see this circular shape on your map.

We've tracked back to a direct easterly now though. Still won't see anything resembling snow in Dublin until the sun sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

Not a hint of snow or sleeting or rain etc in Portlaoise yet. It's actually bright and sunny although very cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

The sky just turned from clear blue to grey and gloomy in a very short space of time here in Limerick city.

SpitfireIV wrote: »
    She said a red warning would be issued, I thought it was strange for her to be so sure about it, then later said it may be issued, area/region dependent.

Probably the reason they have to be careful with what they say cause as you proved people are hanging on every word and over analysing every word she says
    I’m sure they have to be ultra careful

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭garyha

rosser44 wrote: »
    You can disagree all you want, it does not change what she said. There was no definitive statement made on a red warning by her. There is no consensus on the warning level for thursday/friday yet

Sorry if just adding more bluster to this thread but rosser44 you are wrong. I listened to it myself and it was definitely said that there WILL be a red warning but they need more accurate data before issuing it. I'm sure you can listen back somewhere but there is no doubt about what she said.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

holy sht the radar is barelling clouds to the west...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Isolt wrote: »
    Not a hint of snow or sleeting or rain etc in Portlaoise yet. It's actually bright and sunny although very cold.

Ah there were a few small showers, nothing to write home about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

So according to Joanna, the snow will start in Dublin tonight / Wednesday, continue as showers thorough Wednesday, so what's going to happen Wednesday night? As she said the worst will come Thursday evening.

If so, that might mean less disruption for commuters tomorrow day time.

pad199207 wrote: »
    The warning only came into effect 40 mins ago. This is only getting started!

I’m not on about the warning just this cold snap in general

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

My ****ing god I'm almost done on this thread. Go up a few ****ing posts, Twitter update. LISTEN. There WILL be a Red warning issued, watch for warnings in YOUR area.

Relax guy, my point is that there is no need for posters here to be putting the cart before the horse. There is going to be significant and disruptive snowfall thursday night into friday (and accumulations before that also). But before there is a warning issued by ME then talk of the warning level is a moot point.

Yes the warning level is likely to be the highest, but spouting that here is only going to ramp things up before it has been decided on by the experts. I'm very aware of what is to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Nothing significant will happen until Thursday evening onwards.
    Everything up until then will just be showers between now and then.

Come back on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭floatwinner

Sorry, forgot to attach pic. Murntown Co.Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Absolutely bitterly cold now here in North Cork - remarkably colder over last hour with the Galtee Mts in the distance now covered in cloud and disappeared into the sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Started snowing here now

130 m asl

North Cork Tipperary Border

Edit: Snow quite heavy with driving wind behind it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

We had a wintry mix of hail/graupel/sleet/snow earlier around 12pm in Marino. The hail/grauprl covered the ground for like 2 minutes.

Is the technical thread broken? It keeps redirecting me to here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Ewan Hoosarmi

Heavy snow now in Wexford. Big fluffy flakes. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Nothing significant will happen until Thursday evening onwards.
    Everything up until then will just be showers between now and then.

Come back on Thursday.

If you're in the east you're in for a surprise so.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭megatron989

Not often I'd comment but the negative posters and trolls are making a mess of the forum at the moment. Very hard to catch up when you get stopped by some troll saying it's all over and calling out the regulars as fools for believing the forcasts. Anyways, here's to looking forward to the forecasted start of the real stuff later today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Just had some very light flakes falling in Clare.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement