Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

20 minutes ago I was gonna go for a walk coz it was blue skies and lovely. Now it's grey and starting to snow! That came in fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,936 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Isolt wrote: »
    Not a hint of snow or sleeting or rain etc in Portlaoise yet. It's actually bright and sunny although very cold.

Have had two or three falls of very light white gold everytime it clouds over ??

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Nothing significant will happen until Thursday evening onwards.
    Everything up until then will just be showers between now and then.

Come back on Thursday.
    :D bookmarked

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Sunny but no snow in Drogheda :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

One of the sunniest spring days we have here in North Dublin :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Ah there were a few small showers, nothing to write home about.

I got none whatsoever up here and I expected it because the clouds got dark and gloomy looking! But then nothing! And it's sunny now. Although we are not really forecast anything until tonight or tomorrow anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Shpongler

First few flakes of this cold spell just started blowing around in the wind here in North Kerry. 2.5c

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭ Adelynn Spicy Flower

Loughc wrote: »

Same over in south Dublin at the moment too. Hard to believe what's potentially coming. I haven't been outdoors since around 9am but it was bitterly cold at that stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    If you're in the east you're in for a surprise so.

On the east and not expecting much other than a few showers (cm's) until Thursday.

The lad from the BBC agrees with RTE the biggest danger is then and into Friday morning (switch to inches).
    The wind strength will increase by then also to create blizzards from the SE direction.

Sk6Ul9j.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Sunny in North Dublin? Been dull all day with occasional sunny breaks and a few showers in my part. (Not sure if you're joking or not)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I can confirm that the first snowballs of the year have been thrown in Enniscorthy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

Beautiful sunny day in W Kerry ... Outside now with a pint :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Loughc wrote: »

When you look out the window it's the very picture of a lovely sunny spring day, then you step outside and it threatens to chill the face off of you. BITTER, biting winds.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

In Dublin 16....

Wind has picked up...gone ENE...pressure dropping...temp dropping...DP dropping...perfect! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

gerrybhoy wrote: »
    :D bookmarked

You'll thank me Monday ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭glack

sitting-here-waiting-on-the-snow-like.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Zardaz

First show shower in Annacotty, Limerick. Plus lightning & thunder!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭snow_bunny

Heavy graupel in north east Limerick, bitta thunder too!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Just got blanket of grey clouds in Limerick City now.

Snowing has just began. Winds are picking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

Just been for a walk in Phoenix Park, Thats breeze is so stong and cold :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Showers from the East (tue & wed).
    Storm from the South (thur & fri).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

Bucketing down here in West Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Dark dark clouds north of Cork city

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

On the east and not expecting much other than a few showers (cm's) until Thursday.

The lad from the BBC agrees with RTE the biggest danger is then and into Friday morning (switch to inches).
    The wind strength will increase by then also to create blizzards from the SE direction.

Sk6Ul9j.png

This will likely happen too, but harmonie has 8-15cm or more in the greater Dublin area by mid day tomorrow. Nevermind what falls in the following 24 hours after that.

It will be localized enough but populated areas should have a few inches by lunchtime tomorrow.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Artane2002 wrote: »
    Sunny in North Dublin? Been dull all day with occasional sunny breaks and a few showers in my part. (Not sure if you're joking or not)

The blue sky i'm looking at says I'm def not joking.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

DOCARCH wrote: »
    In Dublin 16....

Wind has picked up...gone ENE...pressure dropping...temp dropping...DP dropping...perfect! :)

Perfect for the IOM shadow by the looks of things. I'm not too far from you and there is sod all ppn incoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Wintry showers penetrating further west than forecast,light snow here,west mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭cml387

Snowing heavily in Fermoy.

I'm currently jumping around going nah nah nah to my originally doubting colleagues.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Perfect for the IOM shadow by the looks of things. I'm not too far from you and there is sod all ppn incoming.

It's coming....to south Dublin....give it an hour. ENE wind is perfect for south Dublin. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

It's now snowing in Limerick city!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement