Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭SkepticQuark

Brief but heavy falling of snow in UL that lasted about 15 minutes or so. Now eased off again and almost stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

dmcsweeney wrote: »
    As a relative newby I've been trying to keep up to date with the progress of this system but the volume of posts is making it impossible. Any chance of a locked tread by some of the posters to give updates on progress, likely quantities etc? Not taking away from anyone else posting on here, it's just when you are trying to work its hard to read 100 posts an hour!
    Thanks!!

Try the tread with the charts.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Victor Meldrew

DOCARCH wrote: »
    It's coming....to south Dublin....give it an hour. ENE wind is perfect for south Dublin. :)

I have a view over Howth from Booterstown and I can see a dark cloud well past Howth. It is still very bright here though and bone dry. Less windy than 2 hrs ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Any good sites for tracking snow? Raintoday.co.uk doesn't work properly.
    Netweather radar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Nice blob off Louth / Meath there now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Quick snow shower in Limerick City!

Lasted 5 mins, stopped and now light fluffy stuff falling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Dew points are all well below zero let's be having u

roddy15 wrote: »
    Brief but heavy falling of snow in UL that lasted about 15 minutes or so. Now eased off again and almost stopped.

Snow or no snow the heating will still be turned off at 5 pm. They will have it off over the weekend as well. What could go wrong?!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,212 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

DOCARCH wrote: »
    It's coming....to south Dublin....give it an hour. ENE wind is perfect for south Dublin. :)

I have faith in your experience, but right now snow seems to reporting from just about everywhere it wasn't meant to!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Light snizzle in Artane now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭mitresize5

roddy15 wrote: »

working in the NTP and as soon as it started the HSE office beside us cleared out :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭pauldry

Snow shower in Sligo where theres meant to be none

6c but dew point -1.2c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Still nice and sunny in Dublin 15

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭noobsnow95

Brief shower in Limerick City, died off quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Just a light snow flurry starting near Mallow. Beautiful and sunny 20 minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Tobinjl91

Flurries starting in Harolds Cross now, D6

• Registered Users Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The showers in the Irish sea will only intensify later this evening with scattered thunderstorms popping up.

Everything almost in place.

Let the fun begin! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Urquell

Coming down in Galway city now, sky has gone very dark

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

5-6 degrees in Cork City with a slight breeze. Temp looks to be dropping. According to net weather there is rain clouds above us but I am assuming that is the end of the warmer air and there looks to be some snow coming in off the east coast towards us :D. Heres to hoping friday works out for us down here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Still pummeling down in rosslare harbour right on the coast at sea level. everything covered.

Not a peep on the radar, Classic ninja snow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,936 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Very heavy snow with big flakes in Galway now have to say I was not expecting this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I have faith in your experience, but right now snow seems to reporting from just about everywhere it wasn't meant to!

The warm front that went through earlier today moving west is holding together better than expected that why's there is more report's of snow from places that you would not expect to

• Registered Users Posts: 8 DaleB

The showers in the Irish sea will only intensify later this evening with scattered thunderstorms popping up.

This is all i came here for

pauldry wrote: »
    Snow shower in Sligo where theres meant to be none

6c but dew point -1.2c

Where r u?

*excitedly looking out all windows*

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Orchids

I can’t wait, I’m so excited
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Decisions decisions, work on Southside, house and Creche on northside. Do I Stay till 5 so I don’t look like I am bunking off early when I will prob do that tomorrow with actual snow, or head now and try and get kids before the showers start......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

Snowing pretty heavy now in Carlow town, only started a few mins ago and there’s a good cover already.

Blue sky now in Limerick City. Which is grand, as I have to cycle back out to UL shortly.

Secondary roads are going to be like ice rinks later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Blob on the radar heading for wicklow/South Dublin in about 40 mins I suspect.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

awuS35d.png

All I could think of when I looked at the temperature forecast for Thursday :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement