Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Nothing happening in Louth.. has it moved more south??

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Samash

Grass is going a shade of white but not sticking to concrete. wasn't really expecting anything today.

Hail/snow shower here now. Just about sticking on the ground, less so on the grass. Ya, by all the charts I thought Limerick, Kerry and Cork county were going to miss out on this. I was looking more towards thurs/ Fri event.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Grass already white and big chunks falling turning ground white too here in North Cork :)

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭channaigh

channaigh wrote: »
    Snowing North kk big fluffy flakes ðŸ˜

And it has stopped
    It's on its way ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

D.Q wrote: »
    Haha it's has avoided Dublin altogether so far

yeh I know! All these posts about snow in south and west I thought we were supposed to be ground zero :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

Cant believe it,snow showers in n Kerry,very light at the moment but sky full of snow clouds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭morgana

Just started snowing (light, fine, not really sticking) in North Co. Cork. Temperature started dropping from 6c to 4.6 atm

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

Yes from around 9pm onwards it looks like a continuous train of activity well into breakfast time.

ðŸ™

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Snowing in Castlebar, DP is at -3.0C

• Registered Users Posts: 18,186 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Shannon airport reporting a moderate shower of snow with vis at just 1200m at 16:30.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Has anywhere accumulated beyond a dusting yet that looks like its sticking around?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Pangea wrote: »
    Meanwhile in Donegal
    kMbWdoO.gif

I know a large group hoping it stays that way this weekend :D for the The Race

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

irishfeen wrote: »
    Grass already white and big chunks falling turning ground white too here in North Cork :)

Its not very powdery and quite wet where I was based anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭914

wakka12 wrote: »
    Has anywhere accumulated beyond a dusting yet that looks like its sticking around?

No in Waterford (city area) yet. Few showers some heavy but not sticking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Epic first round between the Cork City snow shield and the beast. Beast looked like he was winning about 5 minutes ago but snow shield dug his heels and pushed back, skies clearing again. Lets see if Beast comes out for round two

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Kiith wrote: »
    Really hope to see some decent snow in Kildare tonight. Even knowing it wasn't due till later today in Dublin, it's been annoying sitting here waiting for it :P

it's taking a bit longer than I expected to get going. I'm fairly confident we will be much more impressed when we wake up in the morning. Hopefully things will become interesting after 10 pm this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Total White out, and it only took 20 mins. It's really something else looking at Snow Falling;)

Southeast Wexford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Tim the Enchanter

Sticking out at Hook Lighthouse

http://89.106.143.18:120/cgi-bin/guestimage.html

• Registered Users Posts: 17,544 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Losing faith for Dublin going by the timelapse on netweather

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Slight modifications on the latest Met Eireann forecast but it really sounds like a once in a decade/20 year snowfall :

Later on Thursday evening and in to Thursday night snow will become widespread through the country, with steady falls. Winds will be strong and gusty and temperatures will be down to minus 4 degrees. With the strong winds and persistent falls of snow, accumulations will increase and there'll be blizzard conditions and drifting likely. Southern coastal areas will also experience high seas.

Present indications are for further falls of heavy snow and windy conditions into Friday. With temperatures staying around freezing, especially over lying snow. Once again there will be an added wind chill factor, making it feel particularly cold, in fresh to strong and gusty easterly winds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 YeaYeaSure

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Shannon airport reporting a moderate shower of snow with vis at just 1200m at 16:30.

8 miles as the crow flies from Shannon. Started with graupel. Turned to much bigger flakes. Lasted about 15 mins. Ground and cars turned white . Stopped about ten mins ago and has melted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

I'm not liking the Irish sea activity, should have started earlier with the afternoon sun, nothing so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭lolokeogh

looks like its going to get going here in swords,gone cold and dark witha few fluffy bits floating around...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Landed in south Laois (89mASL) with a bang!

https://twitter.com/LaoisWeather/status/968529263363330048

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Sky looks very angry here in D5. Precipitation has stopped though. More to come soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Yaay :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

Another very light shower with large flakes falling in Castletroy, Limerick. Nothing landing with this though.

Danno wrote: »
    Landed in south Laois (89mASL) with a bang!

https://twitter.com/LaoisWeather/status/968529263363330048

nothing to get excited about - looks like dandruff:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,085 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

fritzelly wrote: »
    Losing faith for Dublin going by the timelapse on netweather

Surprised Dublin hasn't been hit yet. Hopefully the worst of it avoid Dublin but I do expcet to see some snowfall over the next24 hrs or. Hopefully not enough to disrupt the place though..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I'm not liking the Irish sea activity, should have started earlier with the afternoon sun, nothing so far.

Irish Sea does look disappointing! Supposed to pep up later.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement