Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

I'm not liking the Irish sea activity, should have started earlier with the afternoon sun, nothing so far.

I know, activity was expected to kick off this afternoon and its been fairly pathetic so far, plenty of clouds about but no precipitation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

leahyl wrote: »
    Yaay :-D

do you actually buy the echo?! anyway i presume colder air is digging in later this afternoon/evening which will help snowfall to actually settle.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,619 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

There was a nice quick snow shower here in Swords, stopped now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

What, is there a sale on Lough Ness munchies??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Think most people tending to forget that as per the forecast it's later this evening and overnight when the east is expected to see snow showers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Irish Sea does look disappointing! Supposed to pep up later.

yeah been tracking some big blobs coming in from IoM but they're fizzling out before making ground. I feel cheated. I won't get to cycle home in the snow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

AS20180207002518_comm.jpg

Heavy shower in KIlkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

Heavy snow shower just gone threw in Kilkenny city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

My impression yesterday was that we would have more frequent showers from around lunchtime and on into evening. Clearly not happening so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

do you actually buy the echo?! anyway i presume colder air is digging in later this afternoon/evening which will help snowfall to actually settle.

We get it at home, delivered, so no I don’t buy it myself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Extremely stupid question I'm sorry but right in what sense specifically?

Also does anyone expect trains out of Dublin to be cancelled? Commute from Midlands and do not want to be stranded at work next few days
    It's only just started, but some people are thinking they can see the future with Thursday night's event :o

The problem is that rail services may be cancelled simply because of the "Red warning" status that Met Eireann may well issue for the rest of tomorrow. I'd expect most of the railways to manage with tomorrow's/Thursday's snow but if the snow on Friday reaches Dublin then I can see it causing big problems.

We're better prepared than in 2010 but Irish Rail may not be so much. You'll have to check on a day-by-day basis tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Big heavy flakes in Drogheda now, has been light-ish all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

Has been sunny in North Kildare all day. Dark clouds now approaching from the east. Sun will disappear in ~5 minutes and then......?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,552 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

leahyl wrote: »
    Yaay :-D

Boooooo :pac:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 144 ✭✭blazermel

Snowing heavy here near Callan in Kilkenny. Nice thick flakes and sticking too 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭KingdomRushed

Think most people tending to forget that as per the forecast it's later this evening and overnight when the east is expected to see snow showers

Yes but the seed of those showers should already be developing off coast of UK. Currently no radar returns

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

yeah I have to admit I'm a bit dissapointed with it so far. I could be wrong but I reckon the showers hitting the coastline now are North Sea imports that have made it's way across.

Most reports suggest that things will become much more lively later on. I'm really hoping that things will be far more exciting after 10pm tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭piuswal

pc7 wrote: »
    Sorry if daft question, so does that mean we won't have an update now on warning level until 11am tomorrow?

Not necessarily. If they decide to change the status in anyway there will be an update.

They could upgrade (or downgrade) or change the area or the time of validity.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Ogie84 wrote: »
    The Cork Snow shield is officially down. Snowing in the city centre.

Yep same where I am. Heavy shower too. Just the start of what may come.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Sky gone very dark to my east now, looks like a shower incoming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Snow picking up again D5.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

I'm not liking the Irish sea activity, should have started earlier with the afternoon sun, nothing so far.

The convection of the snow streamers that are forecasted for this evening and tonight and tomorrow do no rely on solar activity, it helps, but the are due to a different type of convection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Sticking now in Drogheda. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Yeh I was expecting a couple more flurries today but its been said many times that there wasn't really any accumulations expected in dublin until late evening or nightfall

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

The roads will be lethal if it freezes when the skies clear later.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

Some heavy echos on the Dublin radar getting into north dublin/south louth at the mo, with a few others forming further out at sea

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Light snow - D14.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭rafared

Decent Snow falling now in Drogheda.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

http://3XbGYr.jpg

Southeast Wexford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Bettystown getting pelted . . .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement