Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Just got hammered with a snow shower on the south-east coast. Enough to firmly stick and to make snowballs etc.

Mad to think it’s probably about a fiftieth of what’s to come in the next few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

I'll only take warnings from ME over donegal weather, but thats just me, even if they can be totally wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭aidanodr

who is donegal weather as a matter of interest?!

https://www.facebook.com/DonegalWeatherC/
    Donegal weather channel has taken the decision to upgrade Cork and Waterford to a orange snow & ice warning. The euro model shows accumulations disruptive accumulations in the area by Wednesday morning.

Other areas have also been added to the yellow warning due the risk of showers making it further west over night and tomorrow morning giving a dusting in places.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

10 minute extremely heavy snowfall here on the Tipp/Kilkenny border. Good dusting after landing, but seems to have stopped now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I can see a lovely view of the Dublin Mountains from my home. I cannot see Kippure at the moment, it must be snowing over there now!

Am guessing at ground level or so it would be D14/16?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,186 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

5 minute snow shower here in West Clare, stick to grass and against walls. Completely dry stuff, could see it coming from a mile away, visibility went down to zero, bit dinner plate snow.

Never seen this amazing in 2010! Nature is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭crushproof

Calling in from Edinburgh here. We have amber warning beginning shortly after midnight. 
    So far the snow is sticking, but very intermittent with sunny intervals. So I imagine this is how it will be for Dublin and the east coast. 
    Met Office are expecting 10-15cm of snow.... here's hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Pangea wrote: »
    Evelyn just now on newstalk "they won't know what we are talking about in the North West"

That hurt Evelyn, That hurt....

She meant its just normal weather for ye hardy folk..!!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭MrMischief

A lot of cloud cover starting to push in over Sutton,D13 from over Howth Hill. Has that fluorescent look about them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Am I right in saying it'll snow heavy Thursday night then rain Friday Limerick city. Beast is staying east it seems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

It will pick up later this evening - the convective potential is increasing.

Temperatures falling here in north Dublin.

1.2c/-1.7c

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

There it is, half way to thread limit!

Just re-checked the met warnings. the yellow warning for Kilkenny, Longford, Wexford, Offaly, Westmeath, Cork, Tipperary and Waterford doesnt happen till 18:00, but we seem to have already seen some showers especially wexford. Interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Looking East here youd think Dublin was getting hammered

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

Donegal weather is fairly spot on. Only issue I have is he issued a red warning over the weekend. He also sells sponsorship on his updates so putting a red warning to increase views

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Quick shower in kildare , I wish the sun would set now so anything falling might stick

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭salomon

MrMischief wrote: »
    A lot of cloud cover starting to push in over Sutton,D13 from over Howth Hill. Has that fluorescent look about them

I'm just looking at howth from the dart and it looks like a heavy shower over it, can barely see howth

• Registered Users Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

It will pick up later this evening - the convective potential is increasing.

Temperatures falling here in north Dublin.

1.2c/-1.7c

One of the few posters on here who I really trust. Keep us updated Kermit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

aidanodr wrote: »

Right i am going to set up cork weather then.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Pangea wrote: »
    Evelyn just now on newstalk "they won't know what we are talking about in the North West"

That hurt Evelyn, That hurt....

I guess we'll be having busloads of refugees from the rest of the country up here soon (not trainloads, due to the lack of tracks in Donegal). Time to put up the barbed wire..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭MrMischief

Clouds a forming

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

pad199207 wrote: »

Can't see it, blue sky above here south Dublin now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

One of the few posters on here who I really trust. Keep us updated Kermit

In Kermit we trust

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Heavy in Tramore, Co. Waterford

Air Temp: 0.3c
    Windchill: -4.6c
    Apparent Temp: -5.4c
    Dew Point: -1.5c

Webcam:
    http://78tramore.home.dyndns.org/view/viewer_index.shtml?id=16615

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Casualsingby

who is donegal weather as a matter of interest?!

He has a big following on Facebook, that's all I really know about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,544 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

...and stopped

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

pad199207 wrote: »

No, literally close to zilch today :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Lawnmo

MrMischief wrote: »
    Someone posted this earlier. A cam to keep an extra eye out
    http://howthweather.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Casualsingby

I guess we'll be having busloads of refugees from the rest of the country up here soon (not trainloads, due to the lack of tracks in Donegal). Time to put up the barbed wire..

Build the wall, Mexico and Dublin can pay it.

• Advertisement

The media seem to be totally confusing the public with regards to storm emma, with the Irish Independant stating the 'Beast from the East' has been named storm emma, and twitter latest now shows 'Storm emma is already raging over europe why isnt anything here'. *Sigh*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement