Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

We have lift off in D 16
    Must be extremely localised. Still nothing here, D16 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

Looks to me like some of the showers are picking up a decent bit of pep now as they cross the Irish sea.

Praying for streamers

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

will be tough going making snowmen with that snow, it just falls apart as soon as you pick it up. Very different to the sticky glue snow we get from the Atlantic.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 HelloMrSnowman

Snow coming down heavy in newbridge again on top of what already fell, looks like it’s gonna be a day for the Curragh tomorrow ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Stephen Hawkins football boots

We have lift off in D 16

And it has stopped

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Orchids

We have lift off in D 16

Not in my part of D16😥

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kerrycork13

Any pics of the ❄ in cork??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Dying off in cork city now, cars and grass white road not so much (assuming it's because it's still warmer then other stuff?) That is gonna freeze tonight most likely and cause havoc tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Any reports from wexford area radar shows heavy snow

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Vxlks

Nothing at all in D14 but literally 10 minutes away its white? lmao what the heck this is crazy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Casualsingby

Gonzo wrote: »
    will be tough going making snowmen with that snow, it just falls apart as soon as you pick it up. Very different to the sticky glue snow we get from the Atlantic.

Heavy frost this morning and you'd hardly know looking out. Top of car was slightly white that was it yet it was -5

• Registered Users Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Dying off in cork city now, cars and grass white road not so much (assuming it's because it's still warmer then other stuff?) That is gonna freeze tonight most likely and cause havoc tomorrow.

Nothing in Whitechuch, Cork bar 10 minutes around 5 o'clock. Which is bizarre given that the fact that we'll usually get a fair bit of snow when the city has nothing. Already missed one day of work to snow this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Ewan Hoosarmi

spookwoman wrote: »
    Any reports from wexford area radar shows heavy snow
    There was a burst of light flakes for about 10 minutes. Nothing dramatic. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

It’s all a lie, orchestrated by Leahyl. They’re actually having a sweltering heatwave. :p:pac:

YFlyer wrote: »
    They will throw you into the lake to see whether you're a witch or not. God bless your soul.
    Haha, it's been suggested I be put on a pire and set alight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

We have lost Cork to The Beast :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

443183.jpegreceived_1935949963401331.jpeg

Cobh

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

Gonzo wrote: »

Know what you mean for snowmen etc but it's lovely snow - so powdery :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Nice shower now in Kildare.

6yh8Vgmku7rf625CRUehh_bAnPsUWDJxrjM-708FEmNLN1RvbQy373TIc_Kavlobk02RdAFMtSzX5jLwsFAlMYX21WH_R8LSLfCSZCX8GU6xLTICHZSTii0PAKN-I0tgbJfOKmnss4lh16FWPlmQNhJCnrhNIqhh3cFQIlyaOajW9Sc55OVbCI7dx2Javv3Z2WcW8Ls-AEzae790iJn2TgKoI3ZDiZOBCEGRhq6Et6e2WTICg4MyqXsTjHb9Uo8k19qKaA8ZzLUw_lsVzjv-WXleW8clj_sawSy1vHUMJBY8qkVAjIsGZ7wuT8gQbto0qcLyjh8PTUh-hXVqaWIhDfcjuZwXv1F-gsI0CvL1aUPs21NxPlcUbIIP_msZr5U61QCDnFXdO0agpqPFJPeQqvuCMKuvsTVHabMOa1NFOmyxdmWxpivIJn0Kv3ighd6FuwCpcXvRYI17n-1cAhFMEvc_bXT8wXcADeJgJcEH4xMWR6ccSowxBdyFSqvVk8PcaCfhAbjx0hatf3oekWYx75pLdeVK6VpCNoHgsrJlUTNkZzzmJUcvW9kFsP2D8oJwpy1XrBVLqkLlwELfeRjc_P1SSZjUxRl3JbHgkXKI=w1266-h949-no

• Registered Users Posts: 40,043 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Nothing northside cork city yet.
    Yea there was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

Those bloody Cork city posts "it's pure blizzard bai" and "jaysius pure white baiii"

There was no blizzard. It was about 2mm of snow, and it's all melted and finished now. Lovely calm night.

Blizzard... me arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sept17

Heavy shower in Kinsale - visibility down to virtually nothing. settling....

I actually think I'm gonna cry!! Nothing at all here, killing me :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Those bloody Cork posts "it's pure blizzard bai" and "jaysius pure white baiii"

There was no blizzard. It was about 2mm of snow, and it's all melted and finished now. Lovely calm night.

Blizzard... me arse.

its not melted its still there, and by blizzard I think people mean it wass basically impossible to see as it got so dusty/cloudy in my part anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

Blizzard... me arse.

I’m alright thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,228 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Nice

DSC_1053.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

BBC's take on Thursday @ 3pm - Draw a line from Tralee to Dublin... amazing and it will only get better hopefully :)

2r5ydes.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Mech1

Dublin 16 SNOWCAM up and running.
    no snow yet

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Proper snow :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭MetLuver

dave1982 wrote: »

WBWEuTp.jpg?1

Good for you guys, snow is even rarer in Cobh than in Greystones.. also white now with more falling. Thanks Beast, thanks SSW 1

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement