Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

Lights are flickering in Balbriggan, the power is threatening to act up already.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Funny how Cork Airport isn't reporting snow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Michelle Dillon on the Six One Weather earlier was at pains to point out that "Storm Emma, as named by the Portugese Met Office ..."

Like a proud Grandparent who really doesn't like the name of their new Grandchild - "no, that wouldn't have been the name I would have picked at all, but I'm sure we'll get used to it! ..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Casualsingby

Lights are flickering in Balbriggan, the power is threatening to act up already.

Must be a power surge from everyone using their toasters before all the bread goes bad they bought in mass panic lol

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Frozen over on car, u can see every single flake , looks more like graupel or hail tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Gorgeous but jaysus I wish it would get going here!! Feel like I'm waiting for an exam to start - the waiting is worse

Yeah its horrible alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭Rougies

Mech1 wrote: »
    Dublin 16 SNOWCAM up and running.
    no snow yet

Good to see the alternative to my lampost is up and running. I have to go to a different room to see the lampost out front so your stream will do nicely cheers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭questionmark?

its not melted its still there, and by blizzard I think people mean it wass basically impossible to see as it got so dusty/cloudy in my part anyway.

Same here. Driving Cork to Midleton there a half hour ago there was very poor visability as it was really letting it down. Has calmed down now though. Nice dusting left in its wake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Almost slipped walking home, I got flashes of being the new RTÉ News guy from a few years back! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,220 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Funny how Cork Airport isn't reporting snow.

Yes it is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Acosta

its not melted its still there, and by blizzard I think people mean it wass basically impossible to see as it got so dusty/cloudy in my part anyway.

Yeah. Maybe not a blizzard in the truest sense but it bloody felt like it walking home a while ago. I suppose we'll get the real blizzard on Thursday. And yeah, it has stuck.

And it was bad enough that an Aer Lingus flight from London had to alter it's landing during that shower.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Blitzortung is picking up a lightning strike near Cork

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Another light dusting from a shower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,951 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

We just had a nice dusting here, Portlaoise .
    Sticking on the grass and road :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16 SlugIt2Me

Had a good belt of snow there in Rochestown Cork. Seems to have stopped now. Sticking well enough

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

COnpletely melted off the paths and roads in d7 except on the cars.
    Gonna be mad icey tomorrow I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Graupel starting - D14

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Paully D wrote: »
    Almost slipped walking home, I got flashes of being the new RTÉ News guy from a few years back! :pac:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMyFn48lflo

It's still funny years later..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭pad199207

Decent covering in Naas

F7592385_6_C16_47_A5_9_D00_4480_CCACF517.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,917 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

M7 isn't great around Portlaoise, sticking despite having being gritted by the looks of it

Got a picture sent to me from Cork - snowman in the garden already!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

One heavy shower of hail at around 4.45pm, and not a bit since. Actually a lovely evening apart from the cold. Outside Dunleer, Co. Louth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Forgot to say actually that some of the street lighting was off when I was out on my walk earlier so whether that had anything to do with our mini blizzard I don’t know :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

On a serious note ladies and gents look at the "Feels Like" temperatures for tomorrow .... -6 in Cork, -7 Dublin AT 2pm!! ... especially old people and the homeless need to be inside safe in warmth...

25yxjyu.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Defiantly picked up in the Irish sea now, wouldn't be calling them streamers just yet but it is bulking up, hopefully they keep going!

443186.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MissMoc

Nice dusting outside Tullamore
    Nothing at all in Offaly North. And no snow either..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Snow stopped but temp dropping like a stone, -2C already (Meath).

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭MetLuver

Kamili wrote: »
    I actually think I'm gonna cry!! Nothing at all here, killing me :'(

Don't cry Kamili, most of us may be very surprised before this week is out. As someone who has been living in Greystones for 8 years, I feel your pain, but keep the faith :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,308 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

leahyl wrote: »
    Forgot to say actually that some of the street lighting was off when I was out on my walk earlier so whether that had anything to do with our mini blizzard I don’t know :-P
    Same for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Casualsingby

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

irishfeen wrote: »
    On a serious note ladies and gents look at the "Feels Like" temperatures for tomorrow .... -6 in Cork, -7 Dublin AT 2pm!! ... especially old people and the homeless need to be inside safe in warmth...

Just windowed into the -6 around Cork there very impressive

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement