Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Altitude helps!

Aw thanks for keeping my spirits up! :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Yeah there's another narrow but heavy looking one heading for somewhere between city centre and north Wicklow.

Light snow falling here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Daniel2590 wrote: »
    Snowing lightly in D18 and sticking!

Up in the foothills around Stepaside I would imagine. Barely a flake here in Cabinteely.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Another nice heavy shower here in Southeast Wexford. All still on the ground from earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Beethoven9th

Snowy.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Light snow falling again here in Lusk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

lawred2 wrote: »
    South enough for Portmarnock?

Looks like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭smodgley

belting it down here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

I think atm in Cork City we are dependent on showers moving across waterford then down to us, while we pray that they keep their strength.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭Speak Now

spookwoman wrote: »
    shush you will jinx it :D

Great too see every flake sticking now we're below freezing :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

I don't know where here is
    I don't think its game over for lots of the country
    We still have a possible 3-4 days of snow showers be it from Emma or Irish Sea streamers

As noted on the previous posts of mine D16.

Reading the Technical Thread it's starting to sound like rain if the low stays near the west if Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Wibbler

Some of the showers seem to be dying out before they make landfall around Dublin. Is this likely to continue overnight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Kamili wrote: »
    As noted on the previous posts of mine D16

You are almost guaranteed snow in the next few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

It's beginning to snow right now in the area of Newtownpark Avenue at Blackrock in Dublin. But so far it is very light. It may become heavier in a few hours from now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

I can see that 2nd long stream covering Dublin with the direction it is going

• Registered Users Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭914

Pouring down now in waterford city and sticking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Up in the foothills around Stepaside I would imagine. Barely a flake here in Cabinteely.

Nope, in Cabinteely

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Kamili wrote: »
    As noted on the previous posts of mine D16

Do you expect people to remember your location from your other posts? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭glightning

So far I’m seeing nothing but minor skiffs in any of the pics posted. Up here in the North we’ve had nearly 10 individual events this winter with similar amounts from the NW’ly outbreaks (and four of them had snow depths of 2” to 6”).

It will be disappointing if this airmass doesn’t deliver something substantially better than that. Fingers crossed for everyone that things ramp up significantly overnight or tomorrow. Surely it must beat the northerlies we’ve seen this year!

I must admit to being a skeptic of easterlies for Ireland. Mainly a biased view due to being in eastern NI where they usually result in dry, crisp, and cold spells.

I do have a white garden out the back at the moment but it’s from snow grains! Hoping for a wind shift more to the SE to increase the sea fetch.

Snow aside, the feel of the weather is just fab right now! Crisp air, cold nostrils when breathing, deep blue sky today, glorious sunset with some towering cumulus floating, and Venus shining low in the west at sunset!

You could see that a lot of the snow falling out of any clouds here this afternoon was re-evaporating on the way down. You could see precip shafts falling hundreds of feet below the cloud bases and just disappearing! Dew point was down to -8c around 6pm at Belfast City Airport

Good luck guys and fingers crossed that something more substantial kicks off!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Three defined streamers now.

It's certainly getting better and better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

914 wrote: »
    Pouring down now in waterford city and sticking

Great, now that needs to move west

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

A little light snow now in Dublin 16. 0.9c atm.

Nice to see the elongated streamers develop.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭MiaMaria

Lovely Lovely spitting snow. Wind is swirling it around. Doesn't matter how little,its snow in West Cork. Hurrah. Very exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    You are almost guaranteed snow in the next few hours.

It just snowed for 30 seconds but melted. D16.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭glightning

Interestingly I saw Belfast had a relatively humidity of 48% this afternoon at one stage. That’s pretty low for these shores! The sky was a deep continental blue at the time too!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Irish sea right now:

1T2h0sa.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭spookwoman

lamp post watching waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Swords-Malahide-Donabate to Clonshaugh could do could in next hours or so.

LEIN wrote: »
    Three defined streamers now.

It's certainly getting better and better.

where do you see these streams?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

Stephen15 wrote: »

Yes indeed finally quite a heavy shower here 😆

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement