Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

what the hell is the driver doing? lol

Trying to reverse his/her car, I dunno - he/she was handy for showing the snow up in the headlights though!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Swords-Malahide-Donabate to Clonshaugh could do could in next hours or so.

Any luck down the N7 Corridor? To Naas? ;)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

TheTorment wrote: »
    where do you see these streams?

In your dreams....

Ahhh....no....on radar: http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Do you expect people to remember your location from your other posts? :p

I've been whining long enough about not a scrap in my area that's memorable enough!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Middle Man

Rainfall Radar - Met.ie

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

The West is quiet now. In fairness though, that was a decent spread of snow showers across the country. It's early days yet, let's see how tomorrow morning looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Stephen Hawkins football boots

DOCARCH wrote: »
    A little light snow now in Dublin 16. 0.9c atm.

Nice to see the elongated streamers develop.

More heading D 16 way?

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Yeah getting heavier in Lusk again...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

28378269_1779572712082640_7856970643811217291_n.jpg?oh=e12470edb24bb7855e3a36b350dd268f&oe=5B49F6D9

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

More heading D 16 way?

Deffo....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Its after getting to the point now where you can't even fit all the names in the same image, crazy!

vOPreJn.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

Beautiful night here in Cork City, bright moon out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Irish sea starting to come alive

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭kittyn

Kamili wrote: »
    It just snowed for 30 seconds but melted. D16.

Patience dude it’s coming ........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Wibbler wrote: »
    Some of the showers seem to be dying out before they make landfall around Dublin. Is this likely to continue overnight?

I think so. Had a nice shower for 15 mins in Dublin 8 but hopefully that would be the worst of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

kittyn wrote: »
    Patience dude it’s coming ........

Sounds familiar... Think the wife says that to me too.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

It's fcuking baltic in Dalymount anyway :pac:

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

Irish sea starting to come alive

Not as quickly nor as impressively as would have hoped earlier. Just hope this isn't a damp squid...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

From GL's post on the technical thread, I have to agree, it's a bit underwhelming.

Tops are cooling just west of Denmark, where the core of the cold is just moving out over the North Sea. Hopefully this will turn things around a bit for later tomorrow, cos to be frank, this evening is nothing near orange level and has been a big disappointment so far, a bit less than I was expecting.

I also think that the orange warning is a big disappointment so far. If this is orange won't take much for a red.

• Advertisement

Not as quicklynir as impressively as would have hoped earlier. Just hope this isn't a damp squid...

Fingers crossed but it's bubbled up quite quickly from very little an hour ago. Showers getting more intense on the radar so fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Joad

Naas at roughly 7.30pm. Not much happening now though.

Ooops. Not loading. Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Kids out playing in the snow here in Waterford City...coming down good-o.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,542 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

If I'm not snowed in by the morning in Dublin I'm gonna have to unfriend Kermit and MT

Was talk in work today and an email about possibilities of Friday off if the red alert transpires - yippee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Absolutely bucketing down in Tramore, Co. Waterford roads are white, cars are white, everything is white :D:D

Air Temp: -1.0c
    Windchill: -3.7c
    Apparent Temp: -5c
    Dew Point: -2.6c

Camera I posted earlier is impossible to see with the snow and it being dark, this one is a bit better:

http://www.tramoresurfshop.com/surf-report.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

The tension will build now as some people watch places 3 miles away get dumped on and they get nothing!!

Looks like one heading for the north side of Dublin and another decent looking one heading for the South side / north Wicklow. The one heading for South Dublin / north Wicklow seems to be picking up intensity quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

From GL's post on the technical thread, I have to agree, it's a bit underwhelming.

I also think that the orange warning is a big disappointment so far. If this is orange won't take much for a red.

The Orange warning is in place from Tuesday 27 February 2018 15:00 to Wednesday 28 February 2018 11:00. I think you'll see it differently come the morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

It's all been over the top so far,but final judgement should be held until Friday night. Then, we can blast this spell as the biggest ever hyped weather event or we'll be eating our snow covered hats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭glightning

Would be interesting to see soundings. I suspect that overall, there is too much dry air aloft. The proliferation of snow grains and soft hail rather than true snow suggests that’s the case.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement