Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

-1 atm, a tree across the way got blown down and there actually was a bit snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Kamili wrote: »
    From GL's post on the technical thread, I have to agree, it's a bit underwhelming.

I also think that the orange warning is a big disappointment so far. If this is orange won't take much for a red.

Yes: egg on face for breakfast for many I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

Streamer incoming looking east from Lucan

5B7OQ13.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Pure daycent now here in Lusk! The weather after 6.01 news was very much that the showers would really pick up later tonight and push across the country. I don't think anything to be disappointed about, yet anyway!

Edit - and it's stopped again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Weather Forum Forecast

Just a reminder that the March Forecast Contest is HERE

There are lots of new posters on the forum so why not have a go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

25eynf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

Could be supper

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

It wasn't supposed to pick up till later tonight. Bit impatient! :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Not at all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

This thread is about to light up for the next couple of hours :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Snowing very heavily near Thurles now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

I appreciate some locations are getting heavy showers but here in kildare it’s definitely not orange warning weather yet...
    I have got a number of “ told you it wouldn’t happen “ comments already so I am hoping this ramps up a bit..
    I myself have cancelled travel plans as I taught a red warning was inevitable..

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

We had a pretty significant snow shower here in Kinsale in the last hour. We were on our way to Cork and had to turn back because visibility was so poor and car was skidding. Lots of snow on ground now. Amazing that nothing has fallen in City.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Kamili wrote: »
    From GL's post on the technical thread, I have to agree, it's a bit underwhelming.

I also think that the orange warning is a big disappointment so far. If this is orange won't take much for a red.

MÉ's prediction is 4-6cm generally. I would be very surprised if the Leinster average isn't around that, even with GL's comment taken on board. Locally more.

It will also get 4 to 5 degrees colder across the board as the night goes on, more at very high levels: http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/hirlam.php?ech=3&mode=21&map=430

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭jasper100

Unlikely. A few spots may get something but widespread across Leinster 5-15cm as per the official boards forecast, I can't see it happening.

Further to this the thread title is about severe winter weather from last Sunday 25th, its been a little cold and there have been a few flurries of snow, but severe winter weather I don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

dacogawa wrote: »
    The Orange warning is in place from Tuesday 27 February 2018 15:00 to Wednesday 28 February 2018 11:00. I think you'll see it differently come the morning

I'm very sceptical, anything that has fallen here in D16 has been very very brief and pretty much melted within 5-10 minutes. Paths and roads are damp.

Isle of man shadow or whatever you want to call it, but it doesn't feel as cold as yesterday evening.

I'm really getting slammed here by friends and family for my previous suggestions of buckle up for the cold and snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Just for those saying it's a bit underwhelming, the main event hasn't even started yet, most of the snow fall is overnight, its not even 9pm yet. Give it a chance first :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

revelman wrote: »
    We had a pretty significant snow shower here in Kinsale in the last hour. We were on our way to Cork and had to turn back because visibility was so poor and car was skidding. Lots of snow on ground now. Amazing that nothing has fallen in City.

we had a very heavy shower in the city, grass and cars totally white! Only thing left to go white are the footpaths and roads :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Impressive looking streamer forming off the coast of Wales and will probably hit Wicklow in an hour or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Ireland in the Streams.
    That is what we are.
    No snow in between
    How come ye get none

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Nice heavy shower of snow again in Sth Kildare..

Im happily poised tea in hand watching it fall by the light of the lamp post

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

Partly cloudy in Dublin CC. No precip.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Some posters here need to get a grip to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭riggerman

Here I am sitting in my car charging my phone during a snow event because of a lighting strike at 7.55pm down here in Cork. Got a full hour of snow here in west Cork 185asl 10k north west of bandon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

revelman wrote: »

Eh it has - well on the northside it has anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭obriener2054

HighLine wrote: »
    Impressive looking streamer forming off the coast of Wales and will probably hit Wicklow in an hour or so.

Please god... :D living up by Kippure estate, not much snow up here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Starting to get worried (Dublin City Centre) that this is not going to stick as it has not done so for the past few years. That teasing snow shower at 6pm was just that. The iPhone weather app is pushing out snow to 1am now in dublin. I want to believe it but seeing is believing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Heavy shower just passed through Waterford City. Stuck to everything, some huge flakes. Great to see.

www.waterfordcityweather.com

Live Youtube feed here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Chrongen wrote: »
    Partly cloudy in Dublin CC. No precip.

Give it 20 mins or so.........:D

• Advertisement

DOCARCH wrote: »
    A little light snow now in Dublin 16. 0.9c atm.

Nice to see the elongated streamers develop.

If that northernmost one dodged the Mournes it might make it in to the north Louth area hopefully.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement