Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Where exactly are you ?
    Town not house!

Mornington Co Meath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Please god... :D living up by Kippure estate, not much snow up here

That will change come the morning! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

Can anyone tell me the chances of snow tonight in Gorey? We have had a couple of showers but nothing too significant

• Registered Users Posts: 10,496 ✭✭✭✭guil

harr wrote: »
    I appreciate some locations are getting heavy showers but here in kildare it’s definitely not orange warning weather yet...
    I have got a number of “ told you it wouldn’t happen “ comments already so I am hoping this ramps up a bit..
    I myself have cancelled travel plans as I taught a red warning was inevitable..
    I've a 15 minute drive to work in kilcullen about 4 in the morning. The yard is pretty hilly and mostly concrete so could be fun trying to get the truck out. Hopefully I'll have a load of pictures to post then.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

hmmm reckon the trajectory of the streamer north of Dublin has changed just enough to possibly bring the northside of the city in to the mix soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

I want both of those streamers simultaneously pointing at Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Looks like one heading for the north side of Dublin and another decent looking one heading for the South side / north Wicklow. The one heading for South Dublin / north Wicklow seems to be picking up intensity quickly

Trying to leave Hollyhead as quick a humanly possible. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭obriener2054

HighLine wrote: »
    That will change come the morning! :D

Hopefully....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Dublin Airport TAF (Terminal Area Forecast), posted in technical thread and possible here also, sorry if so - but I have dumbed it down to the most essential parts for here. tl;dr predicting more intensity from midnight on.
    EIDW 271700Z 2718/2818 07015KT 9999 FEW012 SCT020 BKN035 PROB30 TEMPO 2718/2723 3000 -SHSN BKN010 SCT018CB TEMPO 2800/2812 06016G28KT 2000 SHSN BKN010 BKN015CB PROB30 TEMPO 2800/2808 1000 +SHSN BKN005 BECMG 2810/2812 08020G35KT PROB30 TEMPO 2812/2818 3000 -SHSN BKN010 BKN018CB

30% chance temporarily light snow showers from 18Z to 23Z tonight (bang on the money so far, some showers have been heavier in fact)
    General forecast of moderate snow showers from 00Z to 12Z
    Temporary 30% chance of heavy snow showers from 00Z to 08Z
    Temportary 30% chance of light snow showers from 12Z to 18Z tomorrow

Z= UTC / universal time co-ordinated. At present the same time zone as our local time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

hmmm reckon the trajectory of the streamer north of Dublin has changed just enough to possibly bring the northside of the city in to the mix soon.

Any heading down the N7 Corridor?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,272 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Saganist wrote: »
    Trying to leave Hollyhead as quick a humanly possible. :D

Wouldn't blame it either 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Yes,i'm hoping to catch the middle train in the phoenix park soon;)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jdcv94

A pretty clear sky tonight here on Wexford/Wicklow border, think we're in the Anglesey shadow here if the streamers are coming in from NE. Tonight is gonna freeze big time here.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

Last shower left a nice coating surprisingly quickly in Waterford... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

I usually drop my son to the 4.40am bus to Dublin from Kilkenny. The Dublin Coach drivers seem prepared to drive in any conditions and snow doesn't faze them apparently. I'm just thinking that he'll get to Dublin easily enough in the morning but he has to get out to Rathgar and then back in again in the evening to catch the 6pm bus on the quays back to Kilkenny.

Any forecasters willing to hazard a guess as to whether he should just stay put tomorrow in KK and take the day off in case he's stranded in Dublin tomorrow evening but then if he isn't he'll probably be losing Thursday and Friday and he doesn't want to be completely out of pocket?

Decisions....decisions....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭spookwoman

aurora 527 wrote: »
    another due soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

to me its moving into central/south Dublin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jdcv94

I usually drop my son to the 4.40am bus to Dublin from Kilkenny. The Dublin Coach drivers seem prepared to drive in any conditions and snow doesn't faze them apparently. I'm just thinking that he'll get to Dublin easily enough in the morning but he has to get out to Rathgar and then back in again in the evening to catch the 6pm bus on the quays back to Kilkenny.

Any forecasters willing to hazard a guess as to whether he should just stay put tomorrow in KK and take the day off in case he's stranded in Dublin tomorrow evening but then if he isn't he'll probably be losing Thursday and Friday and he doesn't want to be completely out of pocket?

I'm worrying about this also commuting from Wexford, gonna make a decision as late as I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Aimsir

heavy snow shower in Cork city about an hour ago and it has stuck on the roofs and grass.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭MrMischief

Starting to get worried (Dublin City Centre) that this is not going to stick as it has not done so for the past few years. That teasing snow shower at 6pm was just that. The iPhone weather app is pushing out snow to 1am now in dublin. I want to believe it but seeing is believing.

I find that weather app very unreliable for precipitation. I use it when regularly abroad in Germany, France and US and ive learnt not to rely on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

aurora 527 wrote: »

There’s more to come down there!

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭lolokeogh

had a nice covering in swords around 6pm.skies were pure grey,all gone now,a lot of break in the cloud and not extremly cold...can not wait for some more.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭spookwoman

And its just starting to snow again in Waterford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Off topic but that is some commute! Fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ich bin ein snowman

Current favoured locations for the streamer just moving in from north Dublin look like malahide, ballymun, blanchardstown, finglas, Lucan, celbridge, leixlip and immediate surrounds....I does reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Roads v dangerous around clonakilty with no salt or grit to be seen and we had a small power cut too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Anyone from Drogheda? Thats the second pumelling it's got in as many hours. How much has landed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Anyone else by the way eating like a horse this evening? Much more than usual

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭abacus120

Off topic but that is some commute! Fair play

Was just thinking the same!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Casualsingby

Just to remind people Met Éireann's warning is for 4 to 6cm by tomorrow morning for those in orange warning area.

And stealing from Gaoth
    Met Éireann aviation have warnings out now for 3-5 cm snow at Dublin and Casement from 2330Z tonight to 1200Z tomorrow.

IMO 15cm anywhere by the morning is highly unlikely.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement