Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Ted Plain

In D18 here, near the coast.

Clear skies with fluffy, white cumulus clouds. Would be a lovely day out if it weren't nighttime. :pac: Can clearly see The Big Dipper.

There was a soft hail shower at about 6PM, but not much since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭breadmond

Looks like a new streamer might be forming between the two existing ones. Early days but if it keeps going it'll hit dublin head on!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭grenouille1966

Apart from one heavy shower for about a half an hour this event in Dublin west (which normally gets a lot of snow from streamers) is very disappointing. Still white out there but just about a centimeter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

That shower train stretching from anglesea to south Dublin should be making land fall soon
    It’s quite potent but very narrow so there could be a lot of snow in cabinteely for a couple of hours but none in Dundrum or vice versa
    Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Dublin could be seeing action quite soon. Slight shift in trajectory of that streamer and some filling to the south of it...some intense echos too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

3725 members on the weather forum, no wonder its crashing!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Another Snow shower just now. Southeast Wexford.

0 degrees
    Real feel -6
    Humidity 84%
    Dew point-3

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭MiaMaria

West Cork has joined the party. I feel like I have walked into a surprise party.If this is just a taster of whats to come. Well it might just be the best party ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭obriener2054

Still only grauple falling here by Kippure. No flakes of any kind other than the ones in the bowl in front of me ...

Proper snow please

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Stephen Hawkins football boots

I do believe Dublin could be seeing action quite soon. Slight shift in trajectory of that streamer and some filling to the south of it...some intense echos too.

All of Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Hope this is accurate!

D81_DB0_C4-144_D-4782-_B709-2_F78_A6562_ADD.png

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Video i shot during the last heavy shower in Waterford City

• Registered Users Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

The Clare womans verdict of the low on Thursday/Friday on RTE weather, no mention of rain, all blizzard conditions :P

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Graupel here too, -1.2C.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭piuswal

RTE 2100 News just used Science Correspondence Will Goodbody to try and explain what has given rise to this current weather situation. Got fixated on EMMA and forgot to mention the instability in the easterly flow,

He talked to Dr Kieran Hickey Climatologist UCC to add gravitas to his piece; started ok but got his directions of predominant Irish Weather mixed up,talked about usual weather moving NW,SW OR W !!!

See https://www.rte.ie/player/gb/show/weather-special-30003671/10844969/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

All of Dublin?

Except D16.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

THe beast is eating all boards bandwidth :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Folks, please limit your number of refreshes. Only refresh the page after 5 minutes or so unless you are submitting a new post.

Every refresh makes a new demand to the server of all the information on the page. 5,000 people doing this at once makes the site unusable for everyone. yes it's exciting but please ration that F5 button.

Mods, apologies if this is back seating.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I have read this thread with great interest this week and I thank you all for the information and updates
    Can I ask a silly question which really only dawned on me reading here ! Where do you get all the info about trajectory and wind shifts and cold air masses etc from ? Is it from a knowledge of interpreting information or where dies it come from ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭gabeeg

GFS showing heavy snow for east til morning

gfs-2-12.png?18

• Registered Users Posts: 21,936 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Am stuck on page 380 , error 503 coming up ,

The snow has hit boards :)

joes girls wrote: »
    Another Snow shower just now. Southeast Wexford.

0 degrees
    Real feel -6
    Humidity 84%
    Dew point-3

Here in Sth Wexford at nothing since 4pm :(

Have you much on the ground?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,040 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Michelle dillon seemed to say that the low below storm Emma will pass up over us on Saturday with warmer temps(well warmer for the next few days.

Jaysus munster could be getting a good fall of snow. My brother is flying out of Dublin Friday morning. I'd say that will be a fun trip up to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I have read this thread with great interest this week and I thank you all for the information and updates
    Can I ask a silly question which really only dawned on me reading here ! Where do you get all the info about trajectory and wind shifts and cold air masses etc from ? Is it from a knowledge of interpreting information or where dies it come from ?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Ah lads, need to figure out if I'll be going in tomorrow. Having my first drink for a few weeks and deciding if I should have a third haha.

In fairness, cans were in the garden and they were colder than the ones in the fridge! I ran out of room in my freezer and put 3 bags of ice out the back yesterday. They're still 90% frozen 36 hours later!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭jds0ur

F5 being hit by 3000 people is killing boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

For Cirk snow earlier you could see its scale clearly on netweather but on met.ie it looked nothing. Will be using netweather from now on. More snow over se wexford now so if it hogs the south coast like last time more on the way here around 10.30.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Some thoughts as I walked out to our back office to do some work:

1. The back garden is absolutely lethal - the hail that fell at around 6pm has frozen into a pool of ice onto the concrete patio, and I can imagine the footpaths and roads everywhere will be much the same. Watch out, out there!
    2. The nearly full moon is going to be a fantastic thing over the next few days if we get some heavy snowfall - it'll make all those night-time snow photos so much better lit!
    3. Clouds have definitely shifted direction from 6pm when they were coming from more North of NE, now they're much closer to entirely east.

Also - please could people stop posting in the wrong thread, all the moving of posts is turning Boards into a spluttering mess.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement