Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Winter Weather, Snow/Ice - Sun 25th Feb (Onwards) ** READ MOD NOTE POST #1 **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

There was unbelievable scenes here near Santry. It was an actual blizzard. The works.

Awesome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Finally got back on the thread. I stopped trying after a while to give the servers a chance to catch up and I advise others to maybe take a slight rest for the evening.

-1.0c here in West Clare, has been subzero since 8pm. Reports of heavy and accumulated snow across West Cork in the last hour or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Michelle Dillion on prime very confident of the snow storm coming on Thursday/Friday,waiting for the latest updates from their Harmonie model.

She didn't say to much only that it will be disruptive and will see in the morning.
    It doesn't on the GFS anyway to have much heavy precipitation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

just had a snowfall in Artane (from about 12:50.... sorry, 21:50) now just the odd flake. Ground covered. not melting - yet

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭vistafinder

Miriam O Callaghan just asked our Michelle Is there any chance ye may have got it wrong. Oh oh o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭grenouille1966

Full on blizzard in Castleknock/,Blanch, Dublin 15......white out..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Crazy burst blizzard conditions for the past few minutes in Finglas dublin 11 stopped again now I'm wondering are there any potentially Thunder Snow events predicted in the coming days experienced it once in Dublin in 2009 I think, blue lightning ghostly clouds and extreme coldness.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,092 ✭✭✭pauldry

Lashing frost in Sligo

The whole place is clear

We will be getting a good 0.00001cm of snow tonight I think.

Welcome everybody to our place on boards that is eerie on 9/10 of the year.

Hope some of you decide to love weather as much as me!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

john why wrote: »
    Really coming down in D15

It's bucketing down. We are off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭grenouille1966

Full on blizzard in Castleknock/,Blanch, Dublin 15......white out..

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,854 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Still nothing here in Dublin 18. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

Getting some gentle snow fall in Portlaoise now. White roads and houses etc but it's a light coating at most for now.

The snow itself is fascinating, it's falling so softly and it's like flour or powder. It is almost like when you shake a snow globe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

D15, was bucketing it down 15 minutes ago, has slowed to flurries now. But more starting soon apparently. And it’s sticking.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭adam240610

sdanseo wrote: »
    Keeping the pic small to save bandwidth.
    Bray south to Wicklow town is about to get absolutely pasted

[img][/img]
    That's going for a direct hit over me, should be bit over half an hour away!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭thomasj

Not for me...

Completely white in D15 now! Blakestown area

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭thomasj

Not for me...

Completely white in D15 now! Blakestown area

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Orchids

tom1ie wrote: »
    Jaysus. :mad: nothing in d16

I’m losing the will to live, D16 too and I’m beginning to lose hope, if I wake up tomorrow morning & it’s like this, I swear I will cry:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MissMoc

I cleaned the windows to help with the lamppost watching - frigging window cleaner froze straight away so now I can see bugger all!

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

awec wrote: »

Nor here in Sandymount .The north side seem to be getting all the action.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

TheTorment wrote: »
    Here in Sth Wexford at nothing since 4pm :(

Have you much on the ground?

Yes roof, grass are white from earlier. I think what fell in last shower has frozen on tarmac as it hasn't melted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭MrMischief

Light snow with a bit of a breeze in Sutton, D13.... another dusting of icing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

_Dara_ wrote: »
    D15, was bucketing it down 15 minutes ago, has slowed to flurries now. But more starting soon apparently. And it’s sticking.

I'm in the southern tip of D15. It's stopped now but I can hear the kids out, playing in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Orchids wrote: »
    I’m losing the will to live, D16 too and I’m beginning to lose hope, if I wake up tomorrow morning & it’s like this, I swear I will cry:mad:

Likewise city centre; the app keeps reducing the likelihood of snow so it is getting less and less likely. I will be surprised if I see anything stuck on the ground when I wake up the way it’s forecasting is going.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

I can hear the hail/graupel falling in D16 now.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Light snow now in Dublin 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

sdanseo wrote: »
    Keeping the pic small to save bandwidth.
    Bray south to Wicklow town is about to get absolutely pasted

Have to say I was starting to lose the faith after Gaoth Laidirs post in the Model Thread.

However switching my Netweather Radar Tab back to Weather Type OFF after seeing your screenshot and that radar return coming for SOCODU/Bray/North Wicklow look like a Doozy and easily the most intense return atm over the whole UK and Ireland map.

Bray was the first major populated area to be hit with a big streamer in Nov 26/27th 2010. We got 5 inches in 2 hours under a streamer that night IIRC. Streamers can deliver big time if you can stay under them for a while.

I'm a greedy so and so. Lets hope by the time I wake up tomorrow Bray has been under streamer for a good while overnight and theres a weird light in my room because me Velux windows are buried under 6+ inches of snow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

North Dublin got pasted.

Intense echos on the southside of the city.

pauldry wrote: »

Welcome everybody to our place on boards that is eerie on 9/10 of the year.

Hope some of you decide to love weather as much as me!

Agreed! It would be nice to see more people checking in to read MT's great daily forecast, - not just when there's something big going on :) !

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Steviesol

Lashings of snow west Cork last two hours and sticking

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,854 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

awec wrote: »

I take it back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement